The White House says President Donald Trump will attend this year's World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, only the second time a USA president has attended the summit, and the first in 18 years.
This would be for the first time in 18 years that a United States president would be addressing the World Economic Forum, which is an annual gathering of global economic leaders.
"At this year's World Economic Forum, the president looks forward to promoting his policies to strengthen American businesses, American industries, and American workers", she said.
Sanders later told reporters "the main reason he is going there" is to "talk about the America First agenda".
Trump would be the first sitting US president to attend the meeting of global economic and financial leaders since Bill Clinton in January 2000.
Last year's attendees included Google co-founder Sergey Brin, British Prime Minister Theresa May and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
SC agrees to revisit order banning gay sex
The Texas ruling only concerned whether the lawsuit can move forward, and was not a decision on the merits of the controversy. "We hope that the Supreme Court will reverse its own unfortunate judgment earlier", Brinda Karat told the English daily.
"The President's message is very much the same here as it will be there", Sanders said. Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama never made the trip, but sent top aides on their behalf.
It is unusual for a U.S. president to attend the Swiss retreat.
"Turing away from trade would keep part of our global community forever on the bottom", he said.
Last year's conference came the same week of Trump's inauguration and delegates at the time predicted Trump would prove a more pragmatic leader than he suggested on the campaign trail or on Twitter.
The forum will take place from January 23 to January 26.
- Ford F-150 Diesel Option Offered
- Israel announces travel ban on pro-Palestinian boycott advocates
- Nvidia To Partner With Volkswagen, Uber For Self-Driving Car Technology
- Britain to Impose Tax on Disposable Cups
- Lana Del Rey in a legal battle with Radiohead over 'Copyright Dispute'
- Man dies in Stockholm after picking up suspected grenade
- Former Cricketer appraised Hardik Pandya innings against Proteas
- And then 'forgets' words to national anthem
- Leonardo Jardim Hints Liverpool Target Thomas Lemar Could Leave in January
- Nvidia Shows Off Giant Gaming Monitor at CES 2018