Nvidia is touting the tie-ups as a way of claiming leadership in the growing competition among component makers for whose technology will dominate the emerging field of self-driving cars.
The key enabler of these advancements will be NVIDIA's Xavier processor, which will be delivered to customers this quarter for testing and go into production later this year, Huang says. These "mobility-as-a-service" fleets-a system VW Group is now developing-will initially include smaller self-driving vehicles that people can hail as well as larger vans. Uber is one of many partners who leverage Nvidia tech for their self-driving efforts, but it's definitely one of the biggest. "Autonomous driving, zero tailpipe emission mobility and digital networking are virtually impossible without advances in AI and deep learning". VW Group plans to launch commercial fleets of self-driving electric vehicles in two to five cities beginning in 2021.
Britain to Impose Tax on Disposable Cups
At least 2.5 billion disposable cups are thrown away every year. "Almost none are recycled and half a million a day are littered. There is no United Kingdom or European market for contaminated paper food packaging, says the Environmental Audit Committee.
Next, Nvidia is providing its AI technology to Uber for empowering self-driving vehicles, one news that breaks the transport tech company being traditionally secretive regarding its strategies in autonomous vehicles that makes it a leader in the transport tech race. The technology will enable intelligent co-pilot capabilities based on processing sensor data, both inside and outside the auto.
The chipmaking firm has already developed a significant number of partnerships in order to push into the developing autonomous auto market, claiming that it is working with more than 320 other organisations, including Tesla.
NVIDIA has previously teamed up with the likes of Tesla and China's Baidu.
Also at the conference, Nvidia announced a collaboration with startup Aurora to develop a Level 4 and Level 5 autonomous-vehicle hardware platform using the Drive Xavier processor.
- Success! Trump's Bogus Election Integrity Commission Is Over
- Panthers look to continue wild card weekend success
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions re-introduces anti-marijuana laws
- CAF Awards: One of many dreams came true - Mohamed Salah
- How to Watch Celta Vigo vs. Real Madrid
- North Dakota State earns football, financial respect
- Tamil Nadu bus strike enters Day 3, no respite for passengers
- Marcus Mariota throws touchdown to himself against Chiefs
- Rams' Barron, Cooper active for playoff meeting with Falcons
- Toyota unveils 'e-Palette,' a self-driving store on wheels