Ashwin (12) and Wriddhiman Saha (0) soon departed and India were in deep trouble at 92/7 before Pandya took the attack back to the opposition and went to score 209 runs'. I think it was great for Test cricket - getting a result in four days despite losing a day's play. Eighteen wickets fell during the day while 200 runs were scored on a pitch which had plenty of life after being under covers for all of the third day, which was rained off. "It definitely ranks as one of my favourite Test matches".
India need 208 runs to win the first test of the ongoing 3-match series in Cape Town on Monday.
But the hangover of the first innings carried on and India quickly slipped to 39 for 3. Since the beginning, India started to lose wickets within regular gap. Later, they came to bat for the first innings when South AFrica got all out by scoring 286 runs in first innings.
The partnership frustrated the South African bowlers and kept them in the field long enough for Dale Steyn to give South Africa another injury scare.
"Hardik showed a lot of character". We needed to bat better than what we did.
CES 2018: Acer Chromebook 11 With USB-C Port Launched
Compared to the previous Chromebook 11 series from the house of Acer , the new Chromebook will be more portable and compact. Chrome OS is moving ahead nicely this CES with this time Acer announcing a brand new Chromebook coming to market this year.
"Look, they had collapses too, even in the first innings, if you take AB's innings out and Faf's to an extent, the batting hasn't clicked for them together either". "We didn't get the runs but it was the mindset that counts", said Du Plessis. "We're not a team which thinks of what-ifs though", he said. "We were surprised how quick it was on the first day but today was very hard for batsmen".
Hailing the efforts of his bowlers in the second innings to restrict the hosts for a paltry 130 and an overall lead of 207, Kohli said: "We were thinking 250, 275 if they play well".
Steyn, who needed just three wickets to overhaul Shaun Pollock's record of 421 Test wickets and become the leading South African bowler, could also be in doubt for the Australia series starting from March 1.
"We need the batsmen to apply themselves and show more character".
We had a chat this morning and we wanted people step up and get us wickets.
- Brad Pitt Bid $120000 to Watch 'Game of Thrones' With Emilia Clarke
- Fire breaks out at Session Court, no reports of injuries
- Nvidia To Partner With Volkswagen, Uber For Self-Driving Car Technology
- Tamil Nadu bus strike enters Day 3, no respite for passengers
- Man dies in Stockholm after picking up suspected grenade
- Matt Le Tissier reacts to Virgil van Dijk's goal for Liverpool
- Fodder scam: Lalu Prasad Yadav gets 3.5 years in jail
- 5 Actresses Who Brought Activists to the Show — Golden Globes
- Trump seeks $18 billion to extend border wall over 10 years
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions re-introduces anti-marijuana laws