The North Dakota State University Bison collected their 6th Division 1 FCS title.
By winning six championships in seven years in the suburb north of Dallas, the Bison tied Georgia Southern with the most FCS titles.
Still, James Madison looked like it had an opportunity to take the lead late after NDSU missed its own field goal with 4:37 remaining in the game.
It's not quite as cold as it was past year in Texas, as the temperatures were in the high 40's on Thursday, and it's expected to be in the mid-50's on Saturday for the FCS national championship game.
Under heavy pressure on fourth down, Dukes quarterback Bryan Schor heaved a high-arching pass to the North Dakota State goal line, but the ball was knocked to the ground. One of his catches was crucial for 15 yards on the Bison's first scoring drive. "We made too many mistakes".
"We've won the sixth national champions in seven years, Klieman said". North Dakota State limited James Madison to 21 yards in the first quarter, and neither team conjured an offensive explosion until the Bison executed a near-flawless play-action pass with 4:14 left in the half.
"You have to keep waiting for that moment and keep believing that you are going to make that play", Shepherd said. "He just said "Coach, don't worry, there will be no time left on the clock". It marked the first time all season the Dukes trailed by double digits.
"Got the coverage that we wanted, and really was all on Darrius running away from that back-side safety", Stick said.
As the two powers combined for only 505 yards of total offense, North Dakota State never trailed in holding a almost 15 1/2-minute possession advantage. JMU running back Marcus Marshall rushed for 30 yards and a score. "That was a huge play for us".
This year the teams seem evenly matched in all phases, including the presence of two veteran quarterbacks who have combined to win 62 games.
James Madison is seeking to win back-to-back titles under coach Mike Houston and join four other programs to have at least three FCS titles.
"If you take the busiest day we've ever had, it doesn't compare to when the Bison are here", Verich said.
Barkley Set For Medicals After Chelsea Agree £15m Deal With Everton
The midfielder will have a medical at the club on Friday and will complete the move from his boyhood club Everton in the coming days.
- CAF Awards: One of many dreams came true - Mohamed Salah
- Letterman's New Netflix Show Debuts Next Week
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions re-introduces anti-marijuana laws
- Investigators Suspect Somebody Set Roy Moore Accuser's House on Fire
- Live results for $450M Mega Millions drawing on 01/05/18
- President HW Bush offers condolences on passing of astronaut John Young
- Marcus Mariota throws touchdown to himself against Chiefs
- Panthers look to continue wild card weekend success
- Reforms are yielding results, says Debroy on GDP estimate
- Tesla pushes back Model 3 targets again after production miss