Transport union leaders said they will challenge the court order, which they said is one-sided as they were not heard.
"The alternative measures that are being taken by the government will only worsen the problem. Those who don't come to work and cause hardship to the public must face the consequences, whoever they may be", the court said.
More than 15,000 government buses stayed off roads on Friday as transport workers declared an indefinite strike seeking salary hike and pay parity with drivers in other departments. He said, "Thirty employees refused to accept the agreement".
"Why are you not taking action against them", the minister was seen asking haughtily to policemen.
Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU) leader A. Soundarrajan said they were ready for talks and regretted that people will suffer.
On Friday afternoon, Chief Minister Edapaddi K Palaniswami called for a meeting to take stock of the situation, after the Opposition, Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam and the Left, asked the government to step in and end the strike.
Live results for $450M Mega Millions drawing on 01/05/18
No one has hit the Mega Millions jackpot since October 13, 2017, while Powerball has not had a jackpot victor since October 25. Now, with the increased amount of numbers to pick from, I feel-and realistically so-that my chances are greatly diminished.
With the majority of the workers going on strike, the transport corporations could operate only skeleton bus services with the helps drivers affiliated with the ruling AIADMK's union and private drivers for the operation. The trade unions called for the strike after several rounds of talks with transport minister M.R.Vijayabhaskar failed to yield result.
Though a good number of vans and autorickshaws were operated to various destinations, the public shunned them as the drivers collected exorbitant fare.
Private bus operators were also finding it hard as they were not aware of the routes and where to stop.
Police have been posted at bus depots to prevent any untoward incidents.
The striking unions wanted the "factor" for revision to be fixed at 2.57 while the government insisted it be 2.44.
Following the strike, commuters alleged over-charging by autos and private buses even as scores opted for suburban rail services in Chennai.
- Man accused of sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Spirit Airlines flight
- Reforms are yielding results, says Debroy on GDP estimate
- President HW Bush offers condolences on passing of astronaut John Young
- HBO says popular 'Game of Thrones' not returning until 2019
- Tesla pushes back Model 3 targets again after production miss
- Barkley Set For Medicals After Chelsea Agree £15m Deal With Everton
- Amazon gives Alexa more cooking chops, invests in June Oven
- Raiders Giving Jon Gruden Contract Worth Around $100 Million Over 10 Years
- Freezing rain possible in Tri-Cities Friday. But we may get lucky
- Rams' Barron, Cooper active for playoff meeting with Falcons