CNBC reported that Sears didn't say how many employees would be impacted by the closings, but a majority of the jobs are part-time positions and eligible employees would receive severance.
Kmart will continue to operate in Ceres, Oakdale and Stockton, among other locations around the nation.
The Plattsburgh location has been deemed unprofitable by corporate headquarters, who announced on Thursday the closure of 64 Kmart stores and 39 Sears locations between March and early April.
Liquidation sales at closing Macy's stores will begin as soon as January 8, while Sears will start liquidating stores as soon as January 12.
The latest Nintendo Switch hack paves the way for homebrew software
Among the games that are a potential contender for the Direct include Super Smash Bros . and Pokemon for the Nintendo Switch. We are proud to award Nintendo with the titles of Shacknews Best Developer and Publisher of the Year .
Sears has announced it will close its store in Bangor, Maine. Six years ago, the company had 3,510 stores. The Mandeville Kmart on Highway 190 is one of the stores shutting down in 2018.
Sears is the Berkshire Mall's only original anchor store, having opened with the mall in 1970.
- United States envoy calls for emergency United Nations session on Iran
- Now the chocolate can become extinct
- Reigning champion Serena Williams pulls out of Australian Open
- Final Monster Hunter World beta coming to PS4
- Ted Thompson Reportedly Will Take New Role with Packers, Vacate GM Position
- HBO says popular 'Game of Thrones' not returning until 2019
- Amazon gives Alexa more cooking chops, invests in June Oven
- Barkley Set For Medicals After Chelsea Agree £15m Deal With Everton
- Apartment catches fire in NY ; at least 12 hurt
- Khloe Kardashian Remains Mum on Sister Kylie's Pregnancy Gossip