Called Paladins: Battlegrounds, the new mode is expected to release later this year, and will feature all of the same staples of the genre, including 100 players, a map that shrinks over time and more.
Paladins: Battlegrounds claims to be the first ever "hero shooter battle royale".
Now, PlayerUnkown's Battlegrounds is a completely different style of PvP game. It appears as though 2018 could turn into a veritable battle royale of battle royale games. As pointed out by EuroGamer, Paladins has card battling gameplay from 2015 games and hero shooter mechanics from 2016 titles. The free-to-play team-based shooter (whichi boasts over 4 million players and counting) is now joining the battle royale craze.
Everything from the concept to its name sees Paladins Battlegrounds wearing its inspiration on its sleeve, and considering that Bluehole previously called out Fortnite Battle Royale developers Epic Games for "copying" their idea, we imagine that Hi-Rez Studios' efforts won't be without scrutiny. There will also be zeppelins that drop legendary gear throughout the map, all while players are pushed into smaller regions thanks to a rolling fog. The Paladins spin on the mode will come, of course, in the variety of abilities employed by their roster of champions.
Samsung Aiming to Sell Around 320 Million Smartphones in 2018
To grab the Galaxy Note 8, you needed a cool Sh 105,000 (now Sh 100,000 without the powerbank, according to a Samsung rep). Under its hood, there operates an Exynos 7885 SoC paired with 4GB RAM and two storage configurations - 32GB and 64GB.
Hi-Rez says that Paladins: Battlegrounds was "designed from the ground up to be played in teams" and will use the same class-based team setup from the main game.
Check out the debut trailer for Paladins: Battlegrounds in the video above.
Paladins isn't the first game to copy-pasta PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, which a year ago, took over the world of PC gaming.
- Shah Rukh Khan and Aanand L Rai's next titled Zero
- Reigning champion Serena Williams pulls out of Australian Open
- Arctic air arrives just in time to ring in New Year
- Meltdown, Specter bugs: Apple iPhones, ipad, Macs at risk
- HBO says popular 'Game of Thrones' not returning until 2019
- The latest Nintendo Switch hack paves the way for homebrew software
- Now the chocolate can become extinct
- Instant talaq bill listed for today in rajya sabha
- Anjum Bashir terms praises from PM Modi as 'huge inspiration'
- United States envoy calls for emergency United Nations session on Iran