Game of Thrones fans will have to wait until 2019 for the planned final season of the award-winning medieval fantasy series, a gap of more than a year since the end of season seven.
In the rest of the short news release, HBO noted that "directors for the new season are: David Benioff & D.B. Weiss, David Nutter and Miguel Sapochnik". The writers of the final season are Benioff, Weiss, Dave Hill, and Bryan Cogman.
Crews were still filming the show's final season as of late December, Deadline reported.
Nevertheless, in one brief announcement on a windy, snowy afternoon, the network behind the world's most popular television series was just assured its own "bomb cyclone" of hype and hysteria one year from now.
Apartment catches fire in NY ; at least 12 hurt
NY mayor Bill de Blasio described the incident as "the worst fire tragedy we have seen in this city in a quarter century". At least 23 people are injured in a fire that breaks out in a building in the Bronx, New York City, on January 2, 2018 .
An announcement from U.S. premium cable channel HBO has confirmed long suspected rumours that the show would not return in 2018.
After months of speculation, HBO has finally confirmed that the last season of Game Of Thrones won't be airing until 2019.
Though shooting began in October and the final season will have only six episodes, compared to 10 in the first six seasons and seven a year ago, there had been indications that the fantasy epic wouldn't come back in 2018. Leaving fans with only seven episodes as opposed to its typical 10 episode season.
The final season of the show is currently in production so there will be plenty of time to try to spoil how it all shakes out between now and then. While some episodes may be longer than usual, once again we're hearing not to expect feature-length episodes throughout the season.
- Iran blames Riyadh, US, UK for protests
- Man accused of sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Spirit Airlines flight
- Two lottery jackpots have Coast residents heading to the borders
- 'Considerable Damage': N Korea Reportedly Hit Own City With Ballistic Missile
- Pregnant Kylie Jenner Is Missing From yet Another Kardashian/Jenner Family Photo
- Israeli Minister Encourages Iran Protests, Says Israel is not Involved
- United States envoy calls for emergency United Nations session on Iran
- Meltdown, Specter bugs: Apple iPhones, ipad, Macs at risk
- Hollywood actresses, writers launch project to fight sexual harassment
- Anjum Bashir terms praises from PM Modi as 'huge inspiration'