So, the upcoming eclipse on January 31 will be the first total eclipse of a Blue Moon in almost 152 years!
Robotic lunar exploration is about to heat up, too.
Pregnant Kylie Jenner Is Missing From yet Another Kardashian/Jenner Family Photo
Body-shaming is never acceptable, and fans need to keep that in mind with regards to their social media interactions. She has zero intention of getting pregnant anytime soon, as she's deep in her career right now.
The wolf moon glows behind a dog-shaped lantern in Dalian, Liaoning province, China, on January 1. Moon Express has said it wants to start launching in 2018, with Astrobotic and other companies not far behind. Along the U.S. Atlantic Seaboard, for instance, the moon will have only just begun to enter the darkest part of Earth's shadow, the umbra, at 6:48 a.m. EST when it will disappear from view below the west-northwest horizon. Here's a handy animation from NASA's visualization team showing the changing face of the moon-with all its wobbles and lighting phases-throughout the coming year.
The first lunar Eclipse in the new 2018 will happen in January: 31 number of earthlings will be able to see the "bloody moon" at the time of closest approach of the Earth from its natural satellite.
Look up at the sky on January 31 and you may witness a sight unseen for 150 years. Many people, who witnessed the supermoon, shared the pictures of this rare event online at various social media sites. This is a rare event and happens only once in every two and a half years. That stunning event will lead to the moon turning a deep, rich red, a sight that has led to it being christened the "blood moon". The eclipse will last for 3.5 hours, with the total eclipse stretching for 77 minutes, reports Sky & Telescope. The reddish color of the eclipsed moon earned it the name Blood Moon. To answer that question, we consulted the reference book Canon of Lunar Eclipses, 1500 B.C. - A.D. Before 2017, there was 8% partial eclipse on 31 December 2009, but the last total eclipse of a Blue Moon happened all the way back in 31 March 1866.
- Man accused of sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Spirit Airlines flight
- Could Apple swallow Netflix in one $80 billion bite?
- James Harrison makes impressive debut with Patriots
- The latest Nintendo Switch hack paves the way for homebrew software
- Now the chocolate can become extinct
- Troy Terry Named to US Olympic Team
- United States envoy calls for emergency United Nations session on Iran
- Instant talaq bill listed for today in rajya sabha
- Man City to weigh up bid for Sanchez, says Guardiola
- Apartment catches fire in NY ; at least 12 hurt