Antibiotics are not effective against the flu.
The Arkansas Department of Health classifies October as the beginning of flu season, with cases normally peaking between December and March, Mirivel said.
According to the CDC, Minnesota is just one of 36 states across the country now dealing with widespread influenza activity.
However, they encourage anyone with flu symptoms to stay away.
A child in the central part of North Carolina died from the flu, the first pediatric death of the season, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.
Brendan Flannery, an epidemiologist in the CDC's flu division, said that "the important thing for people to know is that we think that the flu vaccine will prevent some illness that's caused by the current circulating viruses". People at higher risk of severe disease who show flu symptoms should contact their medical provider.
Two Warhols Damaged During Bad First Date
Later, when he tried calling a second Uber, she cursed at him and did the damage to the artwork, KHOU reported . Layman destroyed three original paintings and two abstract sculptures, according to Texas authorities.
On Dec. 27, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a health advisory regarding the increased prevalence of Influenza A (H3N2) along with prevention and treatment recommendations.
With confirmed flu cases continuing to climb in Greene County, our local healthcare community has opted to implement visitor restrictions to hospital facilities in the area. There have been 11 flu-related deaths of adults in the state this year, six of whom were over 65.
The flu is already gripping 36 states and has killed at least 70 people in the U.S., according to data released by the CDC on Friday. "While vaccination offers the best protection we have against influenza, it's still possible that some people may become ill despite being vaccinated but their illness will be much milder".
Trivedi said the flu virus is significantly contagious as it can easily spread from an infected person to others through droplets on surfaces and in the air from coughing, sneezing and lack of hand washing.
"It is hard to predict which influenza viruses will predominate in the 2017-18 influenza season".
"Older adults, individuals with chronic health conditions, pregnant women, young children and infants are more vulnerable to flu illness".
- Julian Assange's Twitter account mysteriously disappears
- JetBlue flight slides off Logan Airport taxiway
- Dozens Killed in Bombing at Shiite Center and News Agency in Kabul
- Suspect shot, killed woman, two children in Phoenix on Christmas
- The Galaxy Note 8 reportedly has a battery problem of its own
- Alabama Democrat officially declared victor in US Senate race
- Donald Trump Tweet-tacks Vanity Fair For "Regret" Over Hillary Clinton Ding
- Alleged British 'drug smuggler' escapes death penalty in Egypt
- Tax overhaul leads to end-of-year rush to pay property bills
- North Korea missile developers hit by United States sanctions