Vincenzo and Giacomo Barbato, the 2 Italian brothers at the center of the case, made a decision to adopt the Steve Jobs name in 2012 when they realized that Apple had never trademarked his name. They are the owners of the company "Steve Jobs", a clothing and accessory line named after Apple's iconic founder. And the court does not seem to find fault with it, much to the chagrin of Apple that had sued the firm.
According to Italian-language website la Repubblica Napoli, brothers Vincenzo and Giacomo Barbato noticed in 2012 that Apple had never secured the trademark for the name of its most prominent co-founder.
Share this article: Steve Jobs. The courts, however, ruled in the brother's favor and responded to Apple by saying the "J" in question is not edible.
Iconic names like Mac, iPhone, and iPod may be off limits for company names, the Steve Jobs isn't.
Jay-Z and Beyoncé appear in "Family Feud" music video
Like Hov's previous 4:44 videos, " Family Feud " doesn't skimp on the star power , featuring appearances from Beyonce , Michael B. You shut down all emotions", he told T: "The New York Times Style Magazine. " Let me alone, Becky ".
As things would stand right now, the Barbato brother's trademark prevails over that of Apple.
The case not only covered the name but also the logo the brothers were using.
"The letter J seems "bitten" but it is not, since a letter, as judges have also decided, cannot be bitten", the brothers told Business Insider Italia. The logo features what one commentator described as a "very Apple-esque leaf". Among the other products, they hope to include to their portfolio include T-Shirts, bags and other fashion accessories all sporting the Steve Jobs brands.
"We are working on a line of highly innovative electronic devices, projects we have been working on for years", they said in a statement.Well, now those different-thinking chickens have come home to roost as Apple has to sit back and watch Steve Jobs jeans take Europe by storm.
- Oregon Appeals Court Upholds Discrimination Ruling Against Antigay Bakers
- Tax overhaul leads to end-of-year rush to pay property bills
- Alabama Democrat officially declared victor in US Senate race
- Extreme cold, risky wind chills for holiday weekend
- The Galaxy Note 8 reportedly has a battery problem of its own
- Dozens Killed in Bombing at Shiite Center and News Agency in Kabul
- Two Warhols Damaged During Bad First Date
- 'Dr. Phil' Show Denies Allegations That It Gave Addicts Drugs and Alcohol
- Alleged British 'drug smuggler' escapes death penalty in Egypt
- Flu cases widespread in Georgia, CDC says