His pay jumped 47% to $12.8M, up from $8.7M in 2016.
Cook has little to say about the situation if the board tells him he must use the private jet.
The market capitalization for the iPhone maker has been hovering around $900 billion and is up almost 50 percent for the year.
Get tech news in your inbox weekday mornings.
While Apple's revenue climbed in 2017 and is projected to continue in the green following the release of iPhone 8 and iPhone X, the company has been hit with a class action lawsuit after it admitted to slowing down iPhones as they age. "As we approach our holiday season, we expect it to be our biggest quarter ever".
Cold, snow, bitter wind expected throughout the rest of the week
Bitterly cold air moves in with low temperatures dropping to 8 degrees north of I-70 to 12 degrees at the Lake of the Ozarks. The low will be around 2, with wind chill values as low as minus 20 and west wind 17 to 26 miles per hour .
Cook's pay totaled $9.33 million in incentive pay for the year ending on September 30th. Cook's cash bonus was the largest among the six senior Apple executives. Apple's retail chief, Angela Ahrendts, was the highest paid executive, bringing in $24,216,072.
Cook's real wealth, however, comes from his stock options. He also bagged $89.2m worth of stock.
The statement continues by saying that any time an Apple private jet is used by Cook for personal travel, costs are to be considered as extra compensation, on which the CEO would need to pay the appropriate taxes.
In addition to covering executive compensation, the proxy statement also says that Apple's board now requires Apple CEO Tim Cook use private aircraft "for all business and personal travel". The flight policy was implemented in the interest of efficiency and security in 2017, based on the highly visible role as CEO of Cook.
The election is set to occur at Apple's next shareholders meeting February 13 at the Steve Jobs Theater, on the company's new Apple Park campus in Cupertino.
This post has been updated with a clarification.
- Donald Trump Tweet-tacks Vanity Fair For "Regret" Over Hillary Clinton Ding
- United Kingdom minister: Damian Green was sacked because he lied
- Tax overhaul leads to end-of-year rush to pay property bills
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Houston Texans live score, updates
- USA online retail giant announces "biggest holiday" sales gain
- Jodie Whittaker makes onscreen debut as Doctor Who
- Drawing for tied House race delayed; Democrats to file challenge
- Alleged British 'drug smuggler' escapes death penalty in Egypt
- Four dead found in Troy, NY, home; police treating as homicide
- Klopp on Swansea victory and return of Lallana