Looking for an indicator that Amazon's Alexa is a beloved product?
Amazon's strong holiday season is likely to keep many investors excited over its future prospects. Prime ($99 per year in the U.S.) offers free shipping on millions of items, as well as access to Prime Video and Prime Music and other perks. The Echo Dot led the sales of "tens of millions" of Alexa-enabled devices worldwide, according to the company, which said Echo Dot, Echo Spot, and Echo Buttons sold out this holiday season. The most-watched Amazon original movie was "The Big Sick" starring Kumail Nanjiani, who co-wrote the script with his wife, Emily V. Gordon. Small businesses and entrepreneurs who sell their products on Amazon's platform accounted for almost 140 million items that were ordered.
While there are scores of purchases that can be made using Alexa, the top purchases made through "voice shopping" were the Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, the company said.
British passports to switch back to blue after Brexit
A supplier for the new documents is yet to be found but the British passport is routinely re-designed in five-year cycles. The UK's passport was originally navy blue in colour since the booklet form was launched in 1921.
Meanwhile a source informed the tech website Engadget that the bone of contention had actually been Amazon's implementation of its own hacked version of Youtube instead of working with Google to build versions of its app for FireTV.
The most requested song from Alexa customers this holiday season was "Jingle Bells".
It said it has delivered 1 million customer packages in a single day across its 10 North American and European fulfillment centers.
"Since Day One we have obsessed over what we believe our customers care about-incredible deals and low prices, fast and free shipping, and a wide selection of top products-and we continue to provide all three, all the time".
- Trump signs tax cut in "rush job" Oval Office signing event
- Bigg Boss 11 Elimination: Arshi Khan departs from the show
- Notebook: UCLA's Rosen isn't high on the Browns
- They "All Have AIDS": Trump Reportedly Raged at Advisers About Immigrants
- Bus plunges into pedestrian underpass in Moscow
- Steam's Winter Sale is up!
- Jio New Year Dhamaka offer
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Buys Home Security Camera Startup Blink
- Manure 'bomb scare' close to USA official Mnuchin's house
- Everyone is asking the same thing after the Kardashian Christmas party