The main selling point of Blink's devices is that, unlike a lot of other home security cameras, Blink's cams are totally wireless, as they rely on wi-fi to send video between the camera and its hub, and feature battery life that the company says is good for up to two years.
In a surprise announcement, especially considering many companies are off for the holidays, Blink announced that it is being acquired by Amazon.
Trump signs tax cut in "rush job" Oval Office signing event
And in a move that may prove politically perilous in the coming 2018 midterms, Republicans delivered the biggest gains to the wealthy.
Based in Andover, Mass., Blink was launched after a crowdfunding campaign raised more than $1 million for its wireless home monitoring system in 2014.
"If you own one of our systems, nothing changes for now", the statement read. "We're excited to welcome their team and invent together on behalf of customers". This makes Blink's system, which will stick around following the acquisition, much easier to set up than competing products, as the hardest part about installation is picking out a place to put the device. The indoor Blink camera kit costs $99 and the outdoor Blink XT camera kit costs $129. This week, it introduced its third product, a connected doorbell with a built in camera, which also operates off of batteries. Notably, Amazon appears to have cut off SmartThings support with its acquisition of Blink. That shift could be big, especially since Amazon's existing system is limited by the need to have outlets posted near the doors, which isn't always ideal. "Loved this camera until yesterday when out of no where Blink chose to completely disable any integration with Smart Things, and all we received was an email saying sorry as of today it will no longer work".
- Two tomatoes a day may keep lung disease at bay
- NORAD is tracking Santa Claus on Christmas Eve
- Meghan Trainor Is Engaged to Spy Kids Star on Her 24th Birthday!
- They "All Have AIDS": Trump Reportedly Raged at Advisers About Immigrants
- Bigg Boss 11 Elimination: Arshi Khan departs from the show
- PMO officials 'suppressed controversial 2G facts' from Manmohan: Court
- USF scores late TD, wins wild Birmingham Bowl over Texas Tech
- Kentucky woman killed, husband injured in Christmas Eve pit bull attack
- US Ambassador to Netherlands, Called Out on TV for Lying, Doubles Down
- Mariah Carey Reboot: Songstress Returns For New Year's Rockin' Eve Redemption