He decided to make up for that in the second match, at Indore.
The 30-year-old scored his second T20I century off just 35 balls which is the second fastest century in the T20 format. Absence of regular skipper Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan and a transformed Bhuvneshwar Kumar has not given any respite to the Sri Lankans, who overtly rely on seniors such as Angelo Mathews.
What's on with Rohit Sharma lately, we keep on wondering. Suresh Raina and K L Rahul are the two other Indian batsman who have scored a century in T-20 matches. Rohit's first hundred had come against South Africa, at Dharamsala in 2015.
It is also the joint second-highest T20I total ever, behind Australia's 263 for three (vs. Sri Lanka, Pallekele, Sept. 2016).
India's Rohit Sharma scored the joint fastest Twenty20 global century, reaching the landmark from 35 balls in an 88-run victory over Sri Lanka. That is a whopping 91.5% of his innings.
His knock had five fours and eight sixes.
1- Rohit Sharma's 10 sixes in this innings is the most by a captain in a T20I match.
Apple Admits To Slowing Older Phones Because Of Battery Issues
Apple has admitted that it intentionally slows down older iPhone models to help preserve battery life in older phones . Once word of Poole's test results began to spread, Apple was effectively forced to issue a statement on the matter.
Following Story was posted prior to the beginning of 2nd T20 between India and Sri Lanka at Indore on December 22, 2017.
Opners KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma have provided solid start for team India with 50 run partnership for the first wicket.
3 bigger partnerships than Rohit-Rahul's 165: 171* (Martin Guptill-Kane Williamson), 170 (Loots Bosman-Graeme Smith), and 166 (Mahela Jayawardene-Kumar Sangakkara).
Sri Lanka's failed to bowl a tight spell. Sri Lanka had scored 260 for six against Kenya at Johannesburg in September 2007.
On Friday, Rohit was ultimately dismissed after scoring 118 runs off 42 balls. Rahul went past Smith, who had scored 88 when Bosman got 94 against England at Centurion in 2009.
Kusal Perera (77 off 37) and Upul Tharanga (47 from 29) gave Sri Lanka hope, but spinners Yuzvendra Chahal (4-52) and Kuldeep Yadav (3-52) did the damage as they collapsed from 145-1 to 172 all out to go 2-0 down with one to play.
Editorial team of CricketCountry.
- Bill Belichick has reportedly had enough of Tom Brady's weird trainer
- Active weather pattern arrives, heavy rain expected Friday-Saturday
- Suspect in custody after damaging several vehicles at Lambeau Field
- This is the New 2019 Jeep Cherokee
- Taking the good with the bad: Warmer temps comes with rain
- WannaCry ransomware: North Korea labels U.S. accusation as "absurd"
- Virginia House Race Is Tied After Court Ruling
- Widespread flu reported in Kentucky
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt 32GB Version Launched; Specifications & More!
- Trump administration blames North Korea for WannaCry ransomware attacks