A statement from the organization says a 1-ounce Canadian coin worth around $1,320 was discovered Thursday night as staff counted donations in Louisville.
Money raised through kettle donations funds their social services programs throughout the year.
It's another color of coin showing up in kettles this season that has these guys excited.
"I've been out here ringing bells about three times this year", O'Mara said.
Bell ringers in Fanueil Hall say its actually one of the best spots in town for collections thanks to all the shoppers and tourists, but as a whole, the state is falling short.
It's a lot to take on, but they're getting plenty of help. "I ring for about two hours at a time, and I go wherever they need me".
Ryanair confirms it will recognise pilot unions
He said the unions also reminded management they could reactive their intent to strike in the absence of a "timely agreement". Over the weekend, pilots called off a threatened pre-Christmas one-day strike that was planned for tomorrow (December 20th).
That one was a 1997 Liberty coin dropped in a kettle at the Lynnwood Fred Meyer.
"Everything kind of fell apart".
They only have a couple days left to gather donations.
"We like to give a donation to local charities around the holidays", GPH marketing manager Katy Denny said.
Throughout December, the Salvation Army has had its Christmas Kettle Campaign stations installed at various retail locations in Sherwood Park, including both WalMart locations, the Sherwood Park Mall and Costco. "The Salvation Army is extremely grateful for the Phoenix Convention Center, our corporate partners, generous donors and dedicated volunteers... all without whom this dinner would not be possible".
- Bitcoin plunges almost 35%, prompting Coinbase exchange to suspend trading
- Ryanair's German pilots to strike on Friday before holiday
- John McCain returns to Arizona after treatment, will miss tax bill vote
- John Terry's All-Time Premier League XI Includes Eight Man United Players
- Active weather pattern arrives, heavy rain expected Friday-Saturday
- AT&T to pay $1000 bonus due to tax cuts
- NHL's Islanders said to win right to build arena at Belmont site
- Sheriff releases grisly details after woman fatally attacked by her own dogs
- Pentagon's UFO truth is finally out there
- Iced tea company's stock shoots up after adding blockchain to its name