A hyperloop is a sealed tube system created to allow people to travel at speeds of hundreds of miles per hour.
Earlier this year, the company announced that it plans to have working hyperloop systems deployed by 2021.
Ultra-low drag allows the pod to "glide at airline speeds for long distances", the company said.
Brooklyn house fire kills woman, children, officials say
During the holiday season, we all need to be cautious with decorations, electric lights, candles, space heaters and other items. Investigators are trying to determine what sparked the blaze, but they said it does not appear suspicious.
He assumes the leadership position on Virgin Hyperloop One's board as Shervin Pishevar stepped away from his company in the wake of allegations of sexual harassment and assault. The company is in the process of rebranding itself Virgin Hyperloop One.
"All components of the system were successfully tested including the airlock, highly efficient electric motor, advanced controls and power electronics, custom magnetic levitation and guidance, pod suspension, and the vacuum", the startup wrote in a press release.
In August, the company claimed that its prototype pod had logged 192mph on the test track. Caspian Venture Capital (founder and shareholder of Russia's Summa Group Ziyavudin Magomedov is co-owner of the venture fund) and one of the world's biggest port operators DP World have invested $50 mln in the Hyperloop high-speed train project, Summa Group reported Tuesday.
In a statement, Virgin Hyperloop One (as it is now called) said that the Series C funding was made by Caspian Venture Capital and DP World and brings its total investment since its founding in 2014 to just under $300m. Its routes could radically cut down on the time and costs for business and other travelers to get from city to city and country to country: For example, routes include 30 minutes from San Francisco to Los Angeles, 50 minutes from London to Edinburgh, eight minutes from Helsinki to Tallinn, and 55 minutes from Melbourne to Sydney, according to TechRepublic's Nick Heath.
Although still under development, hyperloop technology is earmarked for extensive use in the U.A.E.
- Canadian billionaire couple found dead in their mansion basement
- Jazz Center Rudy Gobert Expected to Miss One Month
- Trump Says Russia 'Not Helping' On North Korea; Russia Fires Back
- Track Palin Allegedly Assaulted His Dad ... Sarah Palin Called Cops
- Six Dead, 77 Injured in Washington State Amtrak Crash
- Christian Benteke finds redemption as Eagles soar in Leicester
- 5-Year-Old Calls 911 to Report Grinch Stealing Christmas
- Modi inaugurates 60MW Tuirial Hydropower Project in Mizoram
- Campbell Soup, Snyder's-Lance shares rise on deal report
- Higher costs not discouraging holiday travel this year