If there's a friend, group, or Page that you're getting too many posts from in your timeline, you can now tap the three dots near the top right of any of their posts, and choose "Snooze [name] for 30 days". With features like Unfollow, Hide, Report and See First, we've consistently worked toward helping people tailor their News Feed experience, so the time they spend on Facebook is time well spent.
The snooze feature is based on research that people are more happy using social media when they interact with people they like, versus just browsing the news feed, which some research says can be depressing.
Snooze allows you to put a delay on the notifications you receive from friends, pages, or groups. "You will be notified before the Snooze period is about to end and the setting can also be reversed at any time".
They present both positive and negative research on social media and write about what Facebook is doing to combat the negatives and prioritize the positives.
East Texas schools see effects of flu season
Symptoms of influenza include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. Common respiratory diseases related to seasonal influenza that can cause death include pneumonia and bronchitis.
Facebook is one of those places where sometimes we feel bad for unfriending people, even if their posts annoy us. "Do people connect in meaningful ways online?"
They said they are "critical questions for Silicon Valley".
Also, there is a feature called Take a Break from a past relationship in which people can control what they see their ex wrote on Facebook, what their ex can see and who can see their past posts. Rather than going through the social pain of un-friending someone, however, Facebook has offered the option to stay friends with someone but mute all of their posts in your News Feed.
And Facebook is working on suicide prevention, including support on Facebook Live and artificial intelligence to detect suicidal posts before they are reported.
- Police hold 11-year-old MI girl at gunpoint
- Six-year-old makes millions reviewing toys on YouTube
- Anderson Cooper Attacks Donald Trump On Twitter, Later Claims He Was Hacked
- No rape charges filed against OU running back from Katy
- Class of 2018 Inductees | Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- Who is the New York City bomb suspect Akayed Ullah
- NYC weather: Snow blankets city Thursday morning
- Facebook fires back at former exec who says it's 'ripping apart' society
- Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers
- IOS 11.2.1 rolls out with HomeKit fix