The Street consolidated on early gains nearly through the day before investors indulged in profit booking as the trading session drew to a close.
India's economic growth has bottomed out and will recover further to 7 per cent over the next few quarters, but it is likely to take a few years to return to 7.5 per cent above levels, Standard Chartered said in a research report.
Intra-day, it shuttled between 10,276.10 and 10,141.55. The central bank kept its policy outlook on additional increases for 2018 and 2019 unchanged. Meanwhile, the broad based NSE Nifty climbed by 81.15 or 0.79% at 10,333.25 with 31 components registering rise.
Indian markets rebounded closing Thursday's session with gains as investors shifted their attention to exit poll results of Gujarat assembly elections.
Rep. Peter King: After Alabama loss, GOP should dump Stephen Bannon
He thanked Bannon for "showing us how to lose the reddest state in the union". Meghan McCain, the outspoken media pundit and daughter of Sen.
An appreciating rupee against USA dollar created room for equity upmove.
Provisional data with the exchanges showed that foreign institutional investors sold scrips worth Rs 921.03 crore while domestic institutional investors purchased stocks worth Rs 635.44 crore. It gained 375 points to touch a high of 33,621.96 during intraday trading after exit polls predicted a win for BJP in both Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh.
Major Sensex losers were: Cipla, down 2.53 per cent at Rs 575.85; ONGC, down 0.87 per cent at Rs 182.85; Asian Paints, down 0.45 per cent at Rs 1,119.95; Tata Consultancy Services, down 0.42 per cent at Rs 2,547.85; and State Bank of India, down 0.41 per cent at Rs 312.75.
The metal index ran up the maximum by 2.82 per cent, followed by realty, consumer durables and auto. Others that advanced too included ITC, M&M, Hero MotoCorp, Axis Bank, Lupin and Kotak Bank.
- Keaton Jones' Mom Slams Claims She's Racist After Confederate Flag Photos Emerge
- Anderson Cooper Attacks Donald Trump On Twitter, Later Claims He Was Hacked
- Gigi Hadid Rocks Armpit Hair In Her New Fitness Shoot
- Injustice 2 Gets a Free Trial on Xbox One and PS4
- Police hold 11-year-old MI girl at gunpoint
- Twitter officially launches 'threads' to make 'tweetstorms' easier
- NYC weather: Snow blankets city Thursday morning
- Facebook fires back at former exec who says it's 'ripping apart' society
- Who is the New York City bomb suspect Akayed Ullah
- Ajinkya Rahane's father arrested in a road accident case