Today's announcement of the 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees represents a clean sweep for vintage rock artists over more recent and more edgy performers. In addition, Sister Rosetta Tharpe will receive the Award for Early Influence.
Two first-time nominees, The Moody Blues and Dire Straits, and two repeat nominees, Bon Jovi and The Cars, all earned enough votes for induction. A nomination doesn't guarantee that the act will be inducted; Kate Bush, Rage Against the Machine and Depeche Mode were among the other acts who were nominated this round, but won't be inducted.
"Thanks for inducting us into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame".
The third time was a charm for The Cars, who had also been nominees in the past two years.
Chinese, Russian FMs meet on bilateral cooperation
However, the RIC joint statement did not name Pakistan, unlike the joint document issued after the Brazil-Russia-India-China-South Africa (BRICS) meeting in Xiamen, China, earlier this year.
According to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, a 2013 Rolling Stone readers poll ranked the Moody Blues as one of the10 bands that most deserved to be inducted into the Cleveland-based Hall of Fame. An edited version of the ceremony will air on HBO.
Likewise, former Moody Blues' members Mike Pinder and Ray Thomas could rejoin the pioneering English band after many years apart. Bay Shore native LL Cool J, who received a Kennedy Center Honor earlier this month, was also nominated, but not selected.
Radiohead has made its total indifference to most awards and external honors known over the years, so Wednesday was no different when the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced their inductees and they weren't included. To be eligible, artists must have released their first commercial recording at least 25 years prior to the induction year.
Jann Wenner's loss is Bon Jovi's gain.
- Tyson Fury boxing licence could be reinstated in January
- Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Police hold 11-year-old MI girl at gunpoint
- NYC weather: Snow blankets city Thursday morning
- Cardinals place Adrian Peterson on IR, claim CJ Goodwin off waivers
- State College Salvation Army in need of volunteers
- Twitter officially launches 'threads' to make 'tweetstorms' easier
- Six-year-old makes millions reviewing toys on YouTube
- Thousands of Indonesians again protest Trump's Jerusalem move
- Bitcoin recovers to new record highs