"... It is time for more marriages".
"The government is accountable in question time and so is the opposition so we will all be accountable in question time today as we are every day that parliament sits".
"What a day for love, for equality, for respect", said.
The House vote took place on the last sitting day of parliament for the year, with more than 100 MPs speaking on the bill this week.
At a press conference after the vote, the Equality Campaign co-chair, Alex Greenwich, said: "We came, we saw and love finally conquered".
Its passage was further delayed through numerous attempts by conservatives to add amendments for religious protections from the law, but they all failed and the Bill passed unamended.Читайте также: AG Scheiderman: Fake Comments Corrupted FCC's Feedback On Net Neutrality
Congratulations to Australia, most especially to those who fought long and hard to make this a reality!
"These amendments are important and I stress they are not against same-sex marriage, they are simply in favor of the rights of religious organizations to keep doing what they're doing", Abbott said.
There have been two new announcements concerning gay marriage in just the past two or three days.
From heartfelt to bizarrely offensive, the debates to allow same-sex marriage couples to marry became emotionally charged ahead of the final vote on same-sex marriage on December 7.
The Governor General has signed the law to legalise same-sex marriage this morning, completing the legal process and formally changing the Marriage Act.
Nearly 80 per cent of eligible voters took part in the poll, and almost 62pc of the 12.7 million people who participated chose "yes" on their ballots.
Supporters of same-sex marriage gathered outside Parliament House and packed the public gallery in anticipation of the legislation going through.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Senate confirms Trump's pick to lead Department of Homeland Security
- Oklahoma RB Rodney Anderson joins Twitter to defend himself against rape allegations
- Apple TV Finally Gets Amazon Prime Video
- IOC suspends Russian Olympic committee
- Gujarat on High Alert Ahead of Cyclone Ockhi, Schools Shut Down
- House Passes Concealed Carry Reciprocity
- Rep. Conyers announces retirement from Congress; endorses son to replace him
- African air travel growth spikes, outpacing strong global recovery
- House Shoots Down Dem Rep's Impeachment Resolution
- Apple Pay Cash service launches in US