The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act, which now faces an uncertain future in the Senate, would require each state to recognize concealed carry permits from every other state, regardless of state laws - basically how a driver's license is treated across the states. Number two, her tweet ignores the fact that concealed carry permit holders are among the most law-abiding of law-abiding citizens.
On December 6, the House approved legislation that loosens gun restrictions for carrying concealed firearms across state lines.
"This risky legislation would allow gun owners to bring their guns into Boston unchecked and concealed at a time when my officers are working tirelessly to keep guns and the damage and devastation they cause out of our city", Evans said in the statement.
Healey called the bill "reckless" and urged the Senate to respect state laws.
The measure also included a host of carrot and stick incentives for federal agencies and states to step up reporting of prohibited firearms possessors to the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System while speeding up the appeals process for those denied a gun transfer, setting a 60-day window for the latter.
Final season of 'House of Cards' to return without Kevin Spacey
Netflix has announced production on the sixth season of House of Cards will resume early next year - without Kevin Spacey . In its first five seasons, it nabbed 46 Emmy nominations and six wins.
"The truth is that concealed carry laws save lives", Ryan said in a statement. Some states already have concealed carry reciprocity and it has had deadly consequences.
Wyoming does not resemble Washington, D.C. Nevada is not like New York City.
"I think the structure of what this law will seek to do is unprecedented, and it's also unconstitutional because it violates core principals of federalism", said J. Adam Skaggs, chief counsel for the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. "I will continue to protect the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun owners".
Twelve states do not require permits, which means residents of those states could be allowed to carry a concealed weapon in NY without ever having a background check or meeting any other safety requirements.
McMahon was among many city officials who denounced the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act (CCRA) for NY state. Instead, we have the highest rate of gun deaths.
- Apple Pay Cash service launches in US
- Robert Mueller 'demands Donald Trump's Deutsche Bank accounts'
- Rep. Conyers announces retirement from Congress; endorses son to replace him
- Apple agrees to cough up for $15 billion Irish tax bill
- IOC suspends Russian Olympic committee
- During Trump inaugural, Flynn greenlighted nuclear project with Russian Federation
- Chennai Super Kings confirm MS Dhoni as their captain for IPL 2018
- Obama to address mayors' summit on climate change in Chicago today
- Three Dead, Several Injured in New Mexico High School Shooting
- AG Scheiderman: Fake Comments Corrupted FCC's Feedback On Net Neutrality