"In doing this, hatred disguised as acceptable political correctness has festered in our body politic and polluted our discourse to our detriment", Green said.
Green's resolution is expected to fail, given widespread opposition among Republicans and most Democrats. Politically, the vote puts rank-and-file Democrats in a tough position - between a desire to allow the investigations to run their course, the possible discomfort of moderate voters, and the demands of the anti-Trump left wing.
Democratic leaders are expected to oppose Green's resolution, but aides said they aren't whipping rank-and-file members on the measure.
To back the claim, the articles of impeachment cite Trump's equivocating response to the violent clash between white supremacists and counter-protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia; his sharing of anti-Muslim videos posted online by a fringe British nationalist group; and attacks at NFL players kneeling during the national anthem to protest what they say police brutality.
Belichick Apologizes to Bills Coach McDermott for Gronkowski Cheap Shot
It was a couple times in the game, and they're calling me for the craziest stuff ever. Acting out of frustration, Gronkowski dove onto White.
"Legitimate questions have been raised about his fitness to lead this nation". Green also charges Trump with "sowing discord" among the American people.
"Now is not the time to consider articles of impeachment". "I will tell them that tomorrow we will bring articles of impeachment to the floor of the Congress of United States of America for a vote".
The House vote on the articles of impeachment failed overwhelmingly, 364-58.
"We ought to let Mr. Mueller complete his full investigation rather than engage in what would essentially be a public relations stunt", said Rep. Dan Kildee (D-Mich). Minority Leader Nancy PelosiNancy Patricia D'Alesandro PelosiRight scrambles GOP budget strategy Dem rep Moulton calls on Franken to resign Mark Mellman: History's judgment MORE (D-Calif.) and other senior Democrats believe that talk of impeachment at this point is premature, citing the ongoing special counsel probe into Trump campaign contacts with the Russian government.
- Rep. Conyers announces retirement from Congress; endorses son to replace him
- Final season of 'House of Cards' to return without Kevin Spacey
- Apple agrees to cough up for $15 billion Irish tax bill
- Oklahoma RB Rodney Anderson joins Twitter to defend himself against rape allegations
- Yemen rebels disperse protests demanding slain leader's body
- Amazon Singapore launch Prime membership
- Apple Pay Cash service launches in US
- AG Scheiderman: Fake Comments Corrupted FCC's Feedback On Net Neutrality
- Winklevoss Twins Reach Billionaire Status via Bitcoin
- Facebook launches Messenger Kids app - but parents vet chat contacts