That's a vague way of saying that Google is over Amazon not allowing them to sell Chromecast and Google Home through Amazon and so they are blocking YouTube in retaliation.
At issue is a perceived lack of "reciprocity" with Amazon failing to offer equal access to Google's products and services, prompting the dramatic rebuke. Here's hoping that both parties can come to some form of agreement soon.
YouTube has stopped working on the Amazon Echo show speaker starting today.
Oklahoma RB Rodney Anderson joins Twitter to defend himself against rape allegations
Over the past seven games, he has gained 1,134 yards from scrimmage - rushing and receiving - and scored 14 touchdowns. She stated she was "not feeling like I could say anything, and trying to get away from him to put clothes on".
Amazon and Google have been competing against each other in many areas like cloud computing, voice-controlled gadgets such as Amazon Echo Show and Google Home. Google's decision to block YouTube access might be completely based on a business and more importantly a "product" perspective, but it does raise questions about its position in the net neutrality debate.
"Google and Amazon have been sparring for several months but the move by Google to pull YouTube off Amazon ecosystem devices may bring this issue to a head". For example, Amazon does not sell Apple TV in its store, nor does it plan to sell Apple HomePod, Apple's smart speaker competitor to Amazon Echo. When Google first pulled YouTube from the Echo Show, Amazon got some measure of revenge by no longer selling the Nest E Thermostat, Nest's Camera IQ, and the Nest Secure alarm system.
The feud between Amazon and Google is escalating, and consumers may soon notice it in a pretty big way.
"Internet companies, innovative startups, and millions of internet users depend on these common-sense protections that prevent blocking or throttling of internet traffic, segmenting the internet into paid fast lanes and slow lanes and other discriminatory practices", a blog post by the company reads.
- Amazon Singapore launch Prime membership
- Winklevoss Twins Reach Billionaire Status via Bitcoin
- Rep. Conyers announces retirement from Congress; endorses son to replace him
- AG Scheiderman: Fake Comments Corrupted FCC's Feedback On Net Neutrality
- 'Taylor Swift vs. Kim Kardashian' is Reborn
- Yemen rebels disperse protests demanding slain leader's body
- Belichick Apologizes to Bills Coach McDermott for Gronkowski Cheap Shot
- Senate confirms Trump's pick to lead Department of Homeland Security
- Gujarat on High Alert Ahead of Cyclone Ockhi, Schools Shut Down
- Apple agrees to cough up for $15 billion Irish tax bill