HP is promising to eke more than 20 hours out of the chip without a charge, and what's more, the Envy x2 and other Snapdragon-powered machines are created to deliver that kind of battery life even though they're always on and come with LTE built in.
Asus CEO Jerry Shen was on hand to reveal the Asus NovaGo, an ultra-thin and light convertible laptop powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with 8GB of memory and 256GB of Universal Flash Storage 2.0 (UFS 2.0), which is capable of speeds up to 1,400Mbps. Now though, you'll be able to get an Always Connected PC with an AMD processor and Qualcomm modem.
There are plenty of Microsoft Surface rivals - or clones if you like - out there and the HP Envy x2 is now another one.
The Snapdragon 845 is the spiritual successor to the Snapdragon 835 in more ways than one: the 835 used a 10nm manufacturing process, and the 845 is expected to use a more refined version of the same process. You should get over 30 days of standby on a single charge, while the NovaGo also promises up to 22 hours of video playback.
Supermoon in pictures: See unbelievable shots of 2017 lunar spectacle
If you didn't get to see the moon tonight, don't fret - there will be two more supermoons early next year, on January 2 and 31. Astronomers say the best time to catch a glimpse of it is either right after sunset, or minutes before the next sunrise.
How much that will cost you every month is similarly unclear at this point. The price of Asus NovaGo stats at $599 (4GB RAM with 64GB storage), which is approximately Rs 41,500.
Meanwhile, the HP ENVY x2 will borrow the detachable form-factor of the PC maker's Spectre series.
There's no word yet on the pricing or availability for the Asus NovaGo, but HP said that the Envy x2 would be arriving in the United Kingdom in February, starting at £999 with a keyboard and active pen included.
At its technology summit in Maui this afternoon, Qualcomm provided some additional details of the results of its partnership with Microsoft to bring Windows to the chipmaker's SoCs.
The potential of a full OS on a low-power mobile processor is something we've been hearing about for years. So on the outside it doesn't really look any different to other 2-in-1s that run Intel or any other chip.
Windows 10 on ARM is a reboot of Microsoft's earlier attempts to marry mobile processors with full laptop experiences.
- Dante Cunningham listed as Pelicans' starter in place of Anthony Davis (groin)
- Oklahoma RB Rodney Anderson joins Twitter to defend himself against rape allegations
- Arrest Made in Search for Missing 3-Year-Old
- Facebook launches Messenger Kids app - but parents vet chat contacts
- Why we lost to Manchester United - Wenger
- Kelly Clarkson's House Was Robbed: 'It Was Crazy'
- Winklevoss Twins Reach Billionaire Status via Bitcoin
- CBOE Announces Bitcoin Futures Trading, Starting Dec. 10
- German Social Democrat not ruling out any options for new government
- Penn State to play Washington in Fiesta Bowl