A person familiar with Mueller's investigation told the news agency Reuters on Tuesday that Germany's largest bank received a subpoena from the usa special counsel several weeks ago to provide information on certain money and credit transactions, confirming a report by German daily Handelsblatt published on the same day.
It said investigators wanted information on certain money and credit transactions, and that key documents had already been handed over.
"We have confirmed that the news reports that the Special Counsel had subpoenaed financial records relating to the president are false", Sekulow told Reuters in a statement. Manafort was working to secure his release from home confinement by posting more than $10 million in bond.
The special counsel is investigating whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russians connected with the Kremlin in the lead-up to the 2016 election.
Deutsche Bank, which is one of the Trump Organisation's major lenders on its real estate projects, said it would not comment on any of its clients. Mueller reports to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who appointed him, although the rule gives a special counsel broad discretion to run the investigation without regularly consulting with the department or requesting its approval.Читайте также: Rep. Conyers announces retirement from Congress; endorses son to replace him
The expenses are from the date of Mueller's appointment, May 17, through September 30, the end of the federal government's fiscal year. Russian Federation has denied meddling in the election and Trump has called the special counsel's investigation a "witch hunt".
Salaries and benefits during this period cost $1.7 million, including both SCO employees and DOJ employees detailed to the special counsel's office.
The special counsel also spent $223,643 on travel, nearly entirely for staffers who temporary relocated to the investigation's headquarters in Washington. Despite the global focus of Mueller's probe, only about $2,800 was spent on actual travel costs.
For example, Patrick Fitzgerald was a special counsel who investigated a far narrower subject: a leak that exposed the identity of covert Central Intelligence Agency officer Valerie Plame.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Oklahoma RB Rodney Anderson joins Twitter to defend himself against rape allegations
- Facebook launches Messenger Kids app - but parents vet chat contacts
- Ohio State's conference title not enough for playoff berth
- Trump urging longest-serving Republican senator to run for re-election
- Ali defeats Cotto, wins WBO junior middleweight crown
- Dante Cunningham listed as Pelicans' starter in place of Anthony Davis (groin)
- Winklevoss Twins Reach Billionaire Status via Bitcoin
- NYC hit-and-run leaves 1 dead, several injured
- Supermoon in pictures: See unbelievable shots of 2017 lunar spectacle
- German Social Democrat not ruling out any options for new government