This move follows a halt in production last week, chalked up then to Singer's "unexpected unavailability". At one point, Tom Hollander, who plays Queen manager Jim Beach, walked out altogether due to Singer's behavior, only to return at a later date...after some convincing. Sacha Baron Cohen was set to play Mercury, but quit after arguments with Queen band members, while Dexter Fletcher was originally set to direct but quit in 2014 over "creative differences".
Singer vanished from the set of the Freddie Mercury biopic, causing production to halt on December 1.
Director Bryan Singer was sacked from "Bohemian Rhapsody".
Image Rami Malek will play the role of Freddie Mercury in the biopic
Cinematographer Thomas Newton Sigel stepped in and directed a few days' worth of shooting while Singer mysteriously vanished. The movie has two more weeks of principal photography remaining.
Singer appeared to have completely checked out when, after the Thanksgiving break, he just didn't return to set.
Singer had been warned before production began by both Fox Film chairman and CEO Stacey Snider and Fox Film vice chairman and president of production Emma Watts that they wouldn't tolerate any unprofessional behavior on his part. The "growing tension" also led to an altercation between the two, T.H.R. reports; in one confrontation, Singer threw something at Malek. It has also been reported that a representative from the Directors Guild of America also arrived on the set to monitor what was going on. The outlet says an insider claims Singer is "suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder because of the tensions on the set".
Studio representatives declined to comment on the circumstances surrounding Singer's departure or future plans for the film, which is now slated for a December 2018 release.
Why we lost to Manchester United - Wenger
Regardless of that result, United will remain in the title hunt when their hated neighbours arrive at Old Trafford next weekend. And I believe that at the back we did not start well, at all.
- Kelly Clarkson's House Was Robbed: 'It Was Crazy'
- Search continues for missing NC 3-year-old Mariah Woods
- Syria 'intercepts Israeli missiles' outside Damascus
- Meghan Markle Retires From Acting After Engagement to Prince Harry: Details!
- Ali defeats Cotto, wins WBO junior middleweight crown
- Arrest Made in Search for Missing 3-Year-Old
- Yemen's Saleh says 'citizens have revolted against Houthi aggression'
- Nathan Redmond explains what Pep Guardiola said to him
- Phillip Fulmer Will Replace John Currie as Tennessee Athletic Director
- Mueller removed investigator from team after discovering anti-Trump text messages