"The US aircraft that have landed on South Korea include six F-22s, six F-35s, six EA-18Gs", the official said.
News about the launch comes within days of North Korea launching a new type of intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM).
The five-day Vigilant Ace drill - involving some 230 aircraft including F-22 Raptor stealth jet fighters - begins on Monday, five days after the North test-fired an intercontinental ballistic missile believed capable of hitting the USA mainland in a fresh challenge to President Donald Trump.
In the resolution, the National Assembly strongly denounced North Korea's nuclear and missile programs and called on the North to immediately end any act that sparks military tensions on the Korean Peninsula.
The missile is said to have flown almost 2,800 miles high and for a distance of more than 600 miles.Читайте также: Ali defeats Cotto, wins WBO junior middleweight crown
North Korea said the USA is "begging" for a nuclear war by planning the "largest-ever" joint aerial drill with South Korea just after concluding an exercise with nuclear-powered aircraft carriers.
"North Korea is continuing to pursue its ICBM in a methodical and pragmatic manner, making progress in incremental steps", said Joseph Bermudez from 38 North, a Washington-based North Korea monitoring project.
The Rodong Sinmun commentary said the aerial wargames show "the enemies' moves to start a nuclear war have reached a unsafe stage". "And I don't mean 'Big for North Korea.' Only a few countries can produce missiles of this size, and North Korea just joined the club".
North Korean monitoring group 38 North said the tremors could be an indication of "Tired Mountain Syndrome" - a condition where rock becomes increasingly permeable following a below-ground nuclear blast.
It is likely the ballistic missile, fired higher than any previous North Korean missile, broke up as it re-entered Earth's atmosphere, the official said. "But what we want to do is convince others, it is in their interest to do more", McMaster said.
We've got more newsletters we think you'll find interesting.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Phillip Fulmer Will Replace John Currie as Tennessee Athletic Director
- Google bans apps that push annoying ads to the Android lockscreen
- Arrest Made in Search for Missing 3-Year-Old
- Skywatchers: See full supermoon on December 3
- Meghan Markle Retires From Acting After Engagement to Prince Harry: Details!
- Search continues for missing NC 3-year-old Mariah Woods
- Iran inaugurates Chabahar port extension
- Why we lost to Manchester United - Wenger
- German Social Democrat not ruling out any options for new government
- Pakistan supports SCO efforts for peaceful Afghanistan, assures PM Abbasi