One report claimed Syrian air defense shot down one of the missiles.
However Sky News Arabia said that the target of the strike had in fact been an Iranian base under construction in the Keswah area south of Damascus.
Israeli missiles struck a military position near Damascus and Syria's air defence system responded on Saturday, destroying two of them, Syrian state television said. Details of the attack are still unclear, as the first reports were in the Israeli media, and within a matter of hours were removed.
Israel has acknowledged carrying out repeated air and missile strikes in Syria since the outbreak of the bloody civil war six years ago to stop arms deliveries to Hezbollah, with which it fought a devastating 2006 conflict.
A report last month said that Iran was building a permanent military base in southern Syria. However, the images don't actually show much at all related to an Iranian military presence, but merely a series of two dozen large low-rise buildings - likely for housing soldiers and vehicles, which would be expected of any state army or sovereign nation.Читайте также: Univ. of OR graduate students join National Walkout
Israel has launched missiles at a military installation outside the Syrian capital Damascus.
The Israeli air force has said it struck arms convoys of the Syrian military and Lebanon's Hezbollah almost 100 times during more than six years of the Syrian war.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned in a video clip published Saturday night that Israel would not tolerate an Iranian military presence in Syria.
Hizballah fought a war with Israel in 2006. Then Israel used that claim to attack Syria, after which the BBC in circular fashion justified the attack based on its own original dubious "claim".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Meghan Markle Retires From Acting After Engagement to Prince Harry: Details!
- Missing Florida teen found safe in North Syracuse, soccer coach being questioned
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch Series Coming to Netflix
- Google Datally app launched
- Vodafone announces cashback up to Rs 2200 on Micromax smartphones
- War crime trials have failed to bring reconciliation to the Balkans
- Britain's Muslim population to triple by 2050, new projections show
- NCAA smacks Ole Miss with additional postseason ban, more scholarship cuts
- Russian Federation rejects U.S. call to cut ties with N Korea
- McGregor speeds to €400 fine (but can pay in instalments)