When two full moons occur in the same month, the second is sometimes called a blue moon or, in this case, a super blue moon.
This means that each month the moon reaches a furthest point from earth and a closest point. It is anticipated that it will be within 222,443 miles from our planet at 4 pm on December 4. Most astronomers suggest watching the supermoon right after sunset and into moonrise, and minutes before the next sunrise as well. The moon will appear bigger and brighter, although it will pale in comparison to last November's supermoon, which was about 14 percent bigger and shone about 30 percent brighter, The Guardian noted.
The moon will be visible to see on Sunday after 5 p.m. when it begins to rise, however, it won't officially be a Supermoon until it is at its closest point to Earth, which will be at approximately 4 a.m. on Monday.
For the Supermoon can be observed on 3 December from 19:00 Kyiv time.
"It is said that the moon appears larger because we compare it with terrestrial objects such as trees or buildings".
It's hard for our eyes to distinguish these small changes in size when the Moon is high amidst the vastness of the night sky.
City tops in crimes against sr citizens, 2nd against women
The city police also registered 979 cases under the POCSOA, the second highest in metropolitan cities, the NCRB report said. Madhya Pradesh comes out top with 20.6% of the total number of cases in 2016 followed by Maharashtra - 18.4%.
Supermoons occur roughly once a year.
"When you look at it from near the horizon, there's an optical illusion", says Nichols.
Those who miss out to view the supermoon in person can catch up with the sighting as the astronomical spectacle will be live streamed by robotic telescope service (Slooh).
A supermoon is also believed to have an impact on the Earth's waters.
"The supermoons are a great opportunity for people to start looking at the moon", said Noah Petro, a research scientist from NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.
- Cyclone Ockhi on way to Kerala, TN
- NCAA smacks Ole Miss with additional postseason ban, more scholarship cuts
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch Series Coming to Netflix
- McGregor speeds to €400 fine (but can pay in instalments)
- Vodafone announces cashback up to Rs 2200 on Micromax smartphones
- YouTube Exploring New "Stories" Feature
- Golf's young guns up for Tiger Woods challenge
- Why the flu shot this year may not protect you
- Earthquake In Delaware, Tremors Experienced in Region
- Britain's Muslim population to triple by 2050, new projections show