Showing no signs of limits in his swing, Woods had two birdies - the first by reaching the 572-yard par-five third hole in two and another at the par-three eighth - before closing with a disappointing bogey on the par-five ninth when he was greenside in two but struggled with his short game.
The solid effort, which included an eagle, four birdies and two bogeys, left the former world number one at seven-under 137 in his first tournament in almost 10 months following spinal fusion surgery.
"I thought I did great", he told broadcaster Sky Sports. "It's going to take time, a lot more practice, a lot more training and more tournaments". To come out here and score like I did, that was nice.Читайте также: Earthquake In Delaware, Tremors Experienced in Region
"Tiger is back", Carter said of Woods' Thursday performance. "It was fun to be part of a scorecard again".
Woods went out in 31 in his second round, but four bogeys and not a single birdie saw him plummet down the leaderboard with nine holes to play on quickening greens at the Albany Golf Course.
That was cancelled out by a bogey on nine, but further birdies on 10, 13 and 14 thrust him into contention before a wild tee shot on 15 led to a second bogey of the day.
Fleetwood's countryman Justin Rose (68) was alone in fourth on eight-under, with Woods a stroke back alongside Matt Kuchar and Rickie Fowler, who both shot 70s, Japan's Hideki Matsuyama (66) and Italy's Francesco Molinari (68).При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Growth rate below Modi's promise: P Chidambaram
- Phillip Fulmer Will Replace John Currie as Tennessee Athletic Director
- Christmas market EVACUATED as 'bomb found' - armed police on scene
- NCAA smacks Ole Miss with additional postseason ban, more scholarship cuts
- YouTube Exploring New "Stories" Feature
- War crime trials have failed to bring reconciliation to the Balkans
- Russian Federation rejects U.S. call to cut ties with N Korea
- Britain's Muslim population to triple by 2050, new projections show
- LeT commander among 4 militants killed in Budgam, Sopore encounters
- I am Lashkar's biggest supporter, they like me too: Musharraf