Center of Potsdam evacuated after suspicious package found.
Police tweeted to say "no ignition device" had been found.
Police were alerted at about 2:30 p.m. (1330 GMT; 8:30 a.m. EST) after the package was delivered to a pharmacy on the same street as the Christmas market, police spokesman Peter Meyritz told the Potsdamer Neueste Nachrichten newspaper.
Later in the day, police said the cylindrical object contained nails, wires and batteries but no detonator.
Google Datally app launched
Based on your own activity, the app will also suggest how you can cut down or suggest nearby Wi-Fi networks for you to connect to. However, to do this, users have to manually go into Settings Apps Select the app Data Usage and then turn off background data.
The incident takes on special significance in light of last year's deadly terror attack on a Christmas market in a wealthy shopping area of Berlin.
Past year a Christmas market in Berlin itself was attacked, killing a total of 12 people. The suspect, Anis Amri, fled to Italy after the December 19 attack and died in a shootout with police near Milan on December 23, 2016.
A Christmas market in Potsdam, Germany was evacuated after an explosive device was planted nearby. An attack "had not been fully planned yet" according to the previous statement, but the suspects were believed to have been planning to carry out attacks with "weapons or bombs on a public target in Germany".
Security has been stepped up at all markets across Germany ahead of that anniversary, and the looming first Advent weekend. They'd also surveilled buildings in Berlin, the official alleged.
- Apple's Spaceship better look out, Microsoft is modernizing its headquarters too
- Jay-Z, Bruno Mars Lead Grammy Nominees In Top Categories
- I am Lashkar's biggest supporter, they like me too: Musharraf
- "OK Waze" Voice Control, HOV Lane Support in Canada and More
- Hearthstone: Kobolds & Catacombs Release Date Announced; Pre-order Bonuses Revealed
- 180+ Woman Reported Assault At Massage Envy Locations Across US
- Vodafone announces cashback up to Rs 2200 on Micromax smartphones
- Growth rate below Modi's promise: P Chidambaram
- YouTube Exploring New "Stories" Feature
- Google bans apps that push annoying ads to the Android lockscreen