Defence spokesperson Col Rajesh Kalia confirmed the death of four militants in the Futlipora encounter.
According to official figures, 200 militants have been killed by the security forces during counter-insurgency operations from 1 January till date this year, which is the highest since 2010. Ahmad was shifted to hospital in Srinagar, he added.
JK Police said a security force personnel sustained injuries during the operation while two civilian youth were hurt in security forces action against protestors.
The mob also torched a private vehicle in Futlipora, which was allegedly used by the security forces during the operation and later left behind near the gunfight site. Five of them have been hit by pellets and the rest have received bullet wounds, he added.
A teenager, identified as Sinar Ahmad, 15, was injured when a mob clashed with the army in Pakherpora Chowk.
Internet services have been snapped in Central Kashmir's Budgam district.Читайте также: Growth rate below Modi's promise: P Chidambaram
Reports said the clashes spread from Pakherpora to nearby Dalwan area.
In another gunfight that erupted in the Sagipora village of the Sopore area in Baramulla district, one militant was killed and an army para-commando was injured.
Talking to ANI, Inspector General of Police (Kashmir) Munir Khan said, "The Army, the Budgam police and the CRPF launched a joint operation after getting specific information that three to four Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and one local militant were hiding in a house of Putlipora-Pakharpora".
"The security forces cordoned the hideout of the terrorist, but the terrorists started running towards the Sagipora village as soon as they saw security forces".
The spokesman said 3 AK rifles, 3 AK magazines, 111 AK rounds and other ammunition was recovered from the encounter site.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- "OK Waze" Voice Control, HOV Lane Support in Canada and More
- Padmavati row: Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Prasoon Joshi to meet parliamentary panel
- Why the flu shot this year may not protect you
- Giving Tuesday: What you need to know
- War crime trials have failed to bring reconciliation to the Balkans
- Huge macOS Bug Allows Root Login Without a Password. Here's the Fix
- Ghana makes it to the top 16 at this year's Miss Universe
- Circular economy commitment in Industrial Strategy welcomed by industry
- McGregor speeds to €400 fine (but can pay in instalments)
- White House Considering Ban on Personal Cell Phones of Staffers