The United States Geological Service initially reported that a 5.1 magnitude quake struck Dover, Delaware on Thursday at 4:48 p.m.
A small 4.1-magnitude natural disaster, shook DE on Thursday afternoon, the U.S. Geological Service said.
The Geological Survey's crowd-sourced tracking of the quake shows residents of Washington DC, New York and Baltimore felt the natural disaster, too.
Paul Caruso, a geophysicist with the USGS's natural disaster information center in Colorado, said he didn't expect any significant damage from the small quake, which he described as unusual.
A 4.4 magnitude natural disaster is considered minor and usually causes minimal damage, if any. It was hard to immediately predict if there would be aftershocks, she said. Workers at the statehouse in Dover streamed into the streets after the quake to see what happened.Читайте также: White House Considering Ban on Personal Cell Phones of Staffers
The Maryland Emergency Management Agency has no reports of damages in the state.
There are no reports of damage or injuries at this time.
The natural disaster, which was really a tremor, was originally reported as a 4.4 magnitude quake but was quickly downgraded to 4.1.
Carberry said there were no signs of damage at the base, and no change in operations was expected. A magnitude 5.8 quake (Mineral, VA 8/2011) is 50.118 times bigger than a magnitude 4.1 natural disaster, but it is 354.813 times stronger (energy release).
The USGS reports the temblor's effects were felt in several states, as far west as West Virginia and as far north as Pennsylvania and CT. The impact of that quake included damage to the Washington Monument and National Cathedral in Washington, both of which are still undergoing repairs.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Record-setting Cyber Monday expected
- Giving Tuesday: What you need to know
- Ghana makes it to the top 16 at this year's Miss Universe
- Pence: US Embassy Move to Jerusalem about 'When and How'
- "OK Waze" Voice Control, HOV Lane Support in Canada and More
- Jay-Z, Bruno Mars Lead Grammy Nominees In Top Categories
- Harvey Weinstein Sued for Sex Trafficking by British Actress Kadian Noble
- War crime trials have failed to bring reconciliation to the Balkans
- I am Lashkar's biggest supporter, they like me too: Musharraf
- Kylie Jenner Practices Her Mommy Skills with Friend's Baby on Snapchat