Slobodan Milosevic, the former Serbian leader, died of a heart attack in his jail cell in 2006, while his own ICTY trial was underway. Praljak then proceeded to drink from the glass and announced that he had taken poison, according to the BBC. As he drank from the bottle, Praljak yelled "I am not a war criminal" moments after the court confirmed his 20-year sentence.
A wartime commander of Bosnian Croat forces has died after poisoning himself on live television in the International Criminal Court for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) in The Hague.
The presiding judge suspended the hearing and called for a doctor.
Dutch police, an ambulance and a fire truck quickly arrived outside the court's headquarters and emergency service workers, some of them wearing helmets and with oxygen tanks on their backs, went into the court shortly after the incident. Judges did overturn some of his convictions, but refused to reduce his overall sentence.
Praljak had received a confirmation of his 20-year sentence.. Читайте также: Circular economy commitment in Industrial Strategy welcomed by industry
Appeals judges also upheld the convictions of six other Bosnian Croats found guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity during the 1990s.
The Yugoslavia tribunal, created in 1993 by the United Nations Security Council, has prosecuted hundreds of people for war crimes and is scheduled to shut down at the end of this year.
It came a week after Bosnian Serb army commander Ratko Mladic was ejected from the courtroom after he was sentenced to life in prison for genocide.
Wednesday's hearing was the final case at the groundbreaking tribunal before it closes its doors next month.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Melania And Donald Trump Christmas Card Signatures Identical, Conspiracy Theorists Say
- Huge macOS Bug Allows Root Login Without a Password. Here's the Fix
- Harvey Weinstein Sued for Sex Trafficking by British Actress Kadian Noble
- I am Lashkar's biggest supporter, they like me too: Musharraf
- Earthquake In Delaware, Tremors Experienced in Region
- Meredith to buy Time for $3.8b in all-cash transaction
- White House Considering Ban on Personal Cell Phones of Staffers
- Record-setting Cyber Monday expected
- Jay-Z, Bruno Mars Lead Grammy Nominees In Top Categories
- Ghana makes it to the top 16 at this year's Miss Universe