Trump pledged repeatedly during his campaign to move the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
The Palestinians, as well as some Arab leaders and top United States officials, have warned that such a move would trigger an uproar and violent unrest in the territories and in Arab capitals that could ruin current U.S. efforts to push the diplomatic process forward.
Following Tuesday evening's celebration at the United Nations celebrating 70 years since the UN adopted the partition plan and given the US Vice President's speech at the event, officials in Israel speculate that US President Donald Trump is preparing to move the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. "As President Trump has said, in his words, 'We want Israel to have peace.' And in the recent months, we've made valuable progress toward achieving that noble goal". "Under our administration, America will always stand with Israel, '" he said.
There was no official confirmation of the claim from Israel or the US.
During his campaign for the White House, Trump expressed support for moving the embassy but did not renew the call - which would anger Palestinians and Arab states - when he visited Jerusalem this year.Читайте также: Meredith to buy Time for $3.8b in all-cash transaction
Jordan's King Abudallah II has apprised U.S. leaders of the inherent dangers in moving the American embassy from its current Tel Aviv location to Jerusalem, fearing that the move could prompt terrorist activity and further threaten prospects for peace.
Pence's pledge comes days before the December 1 deadline for Trump to decide whether to waive a 1995 law mandating moving the embassy to Jerusalem, which sources say that Trump will not renew.
"America stands with Israel because her cause is our cause, her values are our values and her fight is our fight".
In just a few more weeks, the president will decide whether to approve the move or stave off the decision for another six months.
"As the president has made clear, our administration is also committed to finally bringing peace to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict", Pence said. "This is our solemn promise to you, to Israel and to the world". Trump would "never compromise the safety and security of the Jewish State of Israel", he added.
UN General Assembly Resolution 181 passed on 29th November 1947.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Padmavati row: Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Prasoon Joshi to meet parliamentary panel
- President Trump is again criticizing CNN - and the network is tweeting back
- Melania Trump reveals lavish White House Christmas decorations
- Louise congratulates Jamaica's Davina Bennett
- Apple's Spaceship better look out, Microsoft is modernizing its headquarters too
- Vladimir Putin Signs Bill Targeting International Media Outlets
- Ghana makes it to the top 16 at this year's Miss Universe
- Ivanka Trump's India Visit - What All To Expect
- Here's why Jennifer Lawrence wants to take a hiatus from acting
- US Navy plane has 'unsafe' encounter with Russian jet