"Yes, I have met him (LeT founder Hafiz Saeed) even recently ..."
Recently released Jamaatud Dawa (JD) chief Hafiz Saeed said that India is violating the worldwide human rights laws using "chemical weapons" against Kashmiris to suppress their freedom struggle.
India's Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has said that Saeed's release confirmed once again the lack of seriousness by the Pakistan government in bringing to justice perpetrators of terrorism, including individuals and entities designated by the UN.
"I didn't know him much frankly then", he said, implying that he shouldn't have acted against LeT.
Pakistan's former military ruler Pervez Musharraf has once again expressed his fondness for Jamaat-ud Dawah (JuD) chief and Mumbai terror attacks mastermind Hafiz Saeed and backed his outfit's role in waging "Jihad" in Kashmir. Lashkar-e-Taiba are involved in Kashmir but in Kashmir it is between us and India.Читайте также: Harvey Weinstein Sued for Sex Trafficking by British Actress Kadian Noble
In the interview, Musharraf also claimed his liking for the LeT founder Hafiz Saeed, who has a $10 million U.S. bounty on his head. "I was always in favour of action in Kashmir and they (LeT) are the biggest force to suppress Indian army in Kashmir", he said, railing against the fact that "India got them declared as terrorists by partnering with the United States". Saeed is accused of having masterminded the November 2008 Mumbai attack that killed 166 people. "They are the biggest force (LeT), India got them declared as terrorist by partnering with the USA".
"I don't think Saeed was behind the 26/11 attacks".
Saeed was put under house arrest after the Mumbai attack in November 2008 but he was freed by a court in 2009.
Musharraf, who lives in self-imposed exile, faces several cases in Pakistan and there is little chance that he will come back to participate in elections.
The US government has already warned Pakistan of "repercussions" on US-Pak ties if Hafiz Saeed is not re-arrested.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- White House Considering Ban on Personal Cell Phones of Staffers
- Jay-Z, Bruno Mars Lead Grammy Nominees In Top Categories
- Huge macOS Bug Allows Root Login Without a Password. Here's the Fix
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to Wednesday at Windsor Castle
- Golden State Warriors finishes 3-game homestand vs
- 180+ Woman Reported Assault At Massage Envy Locations Across US
- "OK Waze" Voice Control, HOV Lane Support in Canada and More
- Vladimir Putin Signs Bill Targeting International Media Outlets
- Ghana makes it to the top 16 at this year's Miss Universe
- Uber informs regulator 2.7mn users in United Kingdom affected by 2016 breach