Samsung may not be prompt in seeding software update to its eligible handsets but it seems to be working on extending firmware support.
The Galaxy A series is known for bringing Samsung's premium build quality with midrange specifications at an affordable price. As you might have noticed, the listing actually refers to the Galaxy Note8 as the regular Galaxy S8, which is most likely the result of a lazy copy-paste job.
Whereas the new flagship is widely expected to be presented at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain at the end of February 2018, or at a special event held around that time, the Samsung Galaxy S9 could make a first public appearance at the CES 2018 in Las Vegas.
The bottom bezels on the Galaxy S9 could be next
According to Reddit user CyberConCoder, several Samsung representatives have claimed that the Galaxy S6 would get the Android 8.0 Oreo update. One of the agents also stated that his supervisor has confirmed the details. Besides, Samsung is now testing the beta for the Galaxy S7 and S7+ phones, which is why there is no set timeline for the Oreo update on the Galaxy S6. It's further said that it also goes compatible with the older devices of Samsung. Given that the next-best offers are either half-price smartphones or a buy-one-get-one-free offer, US Cellular's deal is appealing if you're just one person looking for a new iPhone.
We feel rejoiced that Samsung is extending the Oreo update to the S6 that was launched three years back. Some sources are indicating that the successor of Galaxy A5 (2017) may arrive soon.
Billionaire Russian lawmaker under investigation in France
Mr Kerimov's family controls Russia's largest gold producer, Polyus, and he has an estimated net worth of $6.3 billion (£4.7bn). Russia's state-run Rossiya 24 TV station, citing an unnamed source, reported that Kerimov had denied any guilt.
- Uber in legal crosshairs over hack cover-up
- Disruptive move: China's Tencent surpasses Facebook in valuation
- Olympic champion Gabby Douglas says team doctor abused her
- Delhi: 4-year-old 'sexually assaulted' by classmate, police file rape case
- Pak court orders Hafiz Saeed to be freed from house arrest
- Shop local: Small Business Saturday is this weekend
- Despite nod, No UK release for Padmavati
- Congress can't endure Narendra Modi: Smriti Irani's response to 'chaiwala' tweet
- The Game of Thrones hacker has been identified and charged
- Holiday forecast won't feel like fall