CBS Corp. and Dish Network resolved their contentious carriage fee dispute by agreeing to a new distribution deal, restoring CBS station signals to millions of Dish customers across the country who went without CBS football on Thanksgiving. Details about the deal, including financial terms weren't disclosed.
The agreement, which does not include online channels on Dish's Sling TV, allows Dish to use CBS content across various USA cities, according to a statement late Thursday. The antenna offer was based on the reception available at the subscriber's home. During the standoff, CBS had maintained that while Dish has complained about the fees being asked for the cable networks, it has paid "at least one cable network more than double our asking price, for far less than half the ratings". The new deal covers networks including CBS, CBS Sports Network, Pop, and the Smithsonian channel. Luckily, Dish and CBS reached a multi-year agreement 12 hours after the blackout.
Olympic champion Gabby Douglas says team doctor abused her
The post drew ire from her 2016 teammate Simone Biles, who captured the tweet in a screenshot . "Larry is disgusting. Larry Nassar is charged with molesting seven girls under the guise of treatment at his home and a campus clinic.
That scenario recently played out between CBS and DISH. The satellite and cable companies have lost millions of customers to cord-cutting in recent years, putting a dent in their revenue stream.
The blackout kept Dish subscribers in the affected markets from watching CBS' coverage of Thursday's Chargers-Dallas Cowboys NFL game and other programming and threatened Friday and Saturday's college football coverage and Sunday's NFL broadcasts. If you're a customer in Chicago, Dish wants you to get in touch with businesses like Pizzeria Bebu, and Ahimsa Yoga Studio in order to help get CBS back on your TV.
- US Navy aircraft carrying 11 crashes off Japan
- Trump administration to end provisional residency protection for 50000 Haitians
- Argentine Navy confirms sounds detected not from missing ARA San Juan submarine
- Uber in legal crosshairs over hack cover-up
- Robinho speaks out after ex-Man City star 'jailed for sexual assault'
- Despite nod, No UK release for Padmavati
- Watch Dancing with the Stars season 25 finale online
- Nebraskan Regulators Give Keystone XL Pipeline the Green Light
- Broncos to start Paxton Lynch at QB against Raiders
- In LaVar Ball, Trump Targets Find Their Dragon Slayer