He tweeted before the call that he would be speaking to soldiers in Afghanistan, Iraq, on the USS Monterey, and in Turkey and Bahrain.
"They say we've made more progress against ISIS than they did in years of the previous administration, and that's because I'm letting you do your job", Trump said, in a video call to branches of the USA armed forces. "Nobody knows that", Trump said.
At various times during the conference Trump contrasted his own leadership with that of his predecessor, former President Barack Obama: "They say we've made more progress against ISIS than they did in years with the previous administration, and that's because I'm letting you perform your job".
"We're not fighting anymore to just walk around, we're fighting to win", Trump told the 82nd Airborne troops.
Mr Trump described the troops as "very, very special people" to him and everyone else in the U.S. during the conference call from his private club in Palm Beach, Florida.
Disruptive move: China's Tencent surpasses Facebook in valuation
Barclays increased the price target to $59 from $49 for Tencent and increased its forecast for revenue for both 2018 and 2019. Tencent's share price was lifted by the announcement that it would roll out its WeChat payment services in Malaysia next year.
During his remarks, Trump, singled out the service for its hurricane relief efforts during Harvey and the other storms that battered the country earlier this year. Join us in a conversation about world events, the newsgathering process or whatever aspect of the news universe you find interesting or important.
"There's no brand that went up more than the Coast Guard", Trump told them "What a job you've done".
The last was a reference to a barrier Trump wants to build along the US southern border with Mexico. "An ally can turn". "You're fighting for something real, you're fighting for something good".
The forty-fifth president marked Thanksgiving by spending his one hundredth day at a Trump property since taking office in January. "They said, 'Well, it wins every time because the enemy can not see it, even if it's right next to it, '" Trump recounted, prompting laughs. Its stealth technology is created to evade detection by radar and other sensors.
He and his family will enjoy their Thanksgiving holiday meal at their Mar-a-Lago Estate. Everybody in this country is watching and they are seeing positive reports for a change.
- J&K: 3 LeT Pakistani Terrorists Neutralised In Handwara Gunfight
- Congress can't endure Narendra Modi: Smriti Irani's response to 'chaiwala' tweet
- US Officials Charge Hacker For Massive HBO Breach
- In LaVar Ball, Trump Targets Find Their Dragon Slayer
- FCC plans to repeal net neutrality rules for Internet service providers
- Holiday forecast won't feel like fall
- Nebraskan Regulators Give Keystone XL Pipeline the Green Light
- Minn. turkeys seeking Thanksgiving pardon must strut stuff
- AAA predicts 51 million Americans to travel over Thanksgiving
- Olympic champion Gabby Douglas says team doctor abused her