The Navy recovered eight of the 11 sailors onboard the aircraft at 3:23, or about 38min after the twin-engined transport crashed while en route from MCAS Iwakuni to the USS Ronald Reagan.
While confirming the news, Japan's defense minister said, eight of the people on board have been found, but it was not clear whether they are alive or not. The Nimitz-class aircraft carriers USS John C. Stennis and USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) are conducting dual aircraft carrier strike group operations in the USA 7th Fleet area of operations in support of security and stability in the Indo-Asia-Pacific. Japan's Defence Ministry said the crash site is about 150km northwest of Okinotorishima, a Japanese atoll.
The crash occurred at approximately 2:45 p.m. local time on Wednesday, the Navy said. The Reagan is home-ported at the USA naval base in Yokosuka, Kanagawa Prefecture.
Disruptive move: China's Tencent surpasses Facebook in valuation
Barclays increased the price target to $59 from $49 for Tencent and increased its forecast for revenue for both 2018 and 2019. Tencent's share price was lifted by the announcement that it would roll out its WeChat payment services in Malaysia next year.
The cause of the crash was unclear, as was whether any of those aboard the aircraft had survived.
The US Navy lost 10 personnel in August, when the USS John McCain collided with a tanker near Singapore.
The Navy has concluded that the collisions were avoidable and resulted from widespread failures by the crews and commanders, who didn't quickly recognise and respond to unfolding emergencies.
- Arsenal Plan January Talks With Goretzka
- Trump administration to end provisional residency protection for 50000 Haitians
- 'CBS This Morning' Leads With Rose Sex Scandal Story
- Mugabe Might Face Impeachment After Ignoring Resignation Deadline
- Argentine Navy confirms sounds detected not from missing ARA San Juan submarine
- Nebraskan Regulators Give Keystone XL Pipeline the Green Light
- Pak court orders Hafiz Saeed to be freed from house arrest
- Trump Says US Will Label North Korea a State Sponsor of Terror
- The Best Apple Black Friday Deals For This Weekend
- J&K: 3 LeT Pakistani Terrorists Neutralised In Handwara Gunfight