"He had been critically ill since the past one month and succumbed to the illness at 12.10 pm".
Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi is survived by his wife Deepa Dasmunsi and son Priyadeep Dasmuni.
At the time of his stroke in 2008, Dasmunsi was heading AIFF, leading to Praful Patel taking over his president.
Das Munshi was so popular in political circles in Kolkata that during the 2016 campaign for the assembly elections he was included in the 90-member campaign committee for the state, despite him being in coma.
Indian President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi have all condoled the demise of Dasmunsi. "His death is a great loss to the politics of West Bengal", panchayat minister Subrata Mukherjee said.
Dasmunsi also served as the President of the All India Football Federation for almost two deacdes.
How to Watch Michigan vs. Wisconsin
Peters' freshman-like play trying to stretch for a touchdown, several yards short, and fumbling the football away. Badger quarterback Alex Hornibrook is not a running threat and UW is banged up at receiver.
"Shri Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi was a popular leader with rich political and administrative experience".
Dasmunsi was first admitted to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and later shifted to Apollo. "He did notable work to popularize football in India", Modi tweeted. She said Dasmunsi served the party as well as the government "illustriously".
The veteran leader became a minister for the first time in 1985, when he was sworn in as Union Minister of State, Commerce. He was the I&B minister during Manmohan Singh-led United Progressive Alliance government.
Dasmunsi's political career began by joining the Indian Youth Congress before entering Parliament in 1971.
He was a member of 14th Lok Sabha and represented the Raiganj Lok Sabha constituency of West Bengal. Otherwise he could have done more in his political life.
He had been in a marathon coma after suffering a massive stroke and paralysis in October 2008.
"His death brings an end to an era of data-based and logic-based debates, " added, Salim, the present MP from Raiganj.
- David Cassidy, 'Partridge Family' superstar, in critical condition
- Families celebrate National Adoption Day at Family Court
- Hajin Gunfight: One IAF GARUD killed
- Four die as United Kingdom light aircraft and helicopter collide mid-air
- Tesla reveals its first electric truck
- Jerry Jones requests special meeting of owners
- Donald Trump reverses course on trophy hunting, reimposes Obama-era ban
- Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss ahead of expected Sunderland move
- Trump invites Clinton to 'give it another try in 2020'
- Harry Potter fans freaking out about 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel title