Earlier, Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje had said that the film should not be screened till objectionable scenes are deleted.
Chouhan announced in Bhopal after a meeting with Rajput groups that the film has "distorted history" and thus can not be allowed for "release" in his state.
"I have also gone to Chittor and returned and seen all things there..." Those, whose feelings have been hurt by distortion of facts, have the right to protest. "Nobody will accept distortion of history and those who are protesting are rightly doing so", he tweeted. In the post, Malviya had written that filmmakers like Sanjay Leela Bhansali who understand "jooton ki bhasha" (language of shoes) can not understand the greatness of Rani Padmavati's jauhar, as female members in the family of such filmmakers change their husbands daily.
National Conference (NC) MLA Devender Rana urged Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti to ban the release of "Padmavati" in Jammu and Kashmir, whenever it gets the go-ahead from the CBFC.
" Etihaisik tathyon se khilwaad kar agar Padmavati ji ke samman ke khilaaf film mein drishya dikhaye gaye hain, uss Film ka pradharshan Madhya Pradesh ki dharti par nahi hoga (If Padmavati's distorted history is shown in the film, and the film insults her, that film will not be allowed to be released in Madhya Pradesh)", he said.
I 'Should Have Left' UCLA Players In Jail Over Father's Comments
In the same tweet, Trump said , " HAVE A GREAT LIFE! They were headed for 10 years in jail!", Trump tweeted on Wednesday. The players were released, and returned the United States last week. "I'm happy with how things were handled".
The comments come a day after the release of "Padmavati" was "voluntarily" deferred from its scheduled date of December 1.
The release of Padmavati has been delayed for an indefinite period.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, meanwhile, criticised the protests over the upcoming Sanjay Leela Bhansali film, alleging there was a "calculated plan" of a political party to destroy freedom of expression, calling it "super emergency".
Members of Rajput Karni Sena thanked the CM for what they called was a complete ban on the movie's screening in the state. Captain Amarinder Singh, the CM of Punjab, has slammed the film and praised the protestors.
"Padmavati" features Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh in lead roles.
- Four die as United Kingdom light aircraft and helicopter collide mid-air
- Harry Potter fans freaking out about 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel title
- Manushi Chhillar from Haryana, India won the title after 17 years
- Hajin Gunfight: One IAF GARUD killed
- George Clooney to return to TV with 'Catch-22'
- Israeli minister reveals contacts with Saudi Arabia 'to curb Iran'
- Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF) Jumps in Trading Today - Up $3.37
- High wind advisory and snowflakes head to Cap Region
- Apple delays launch of HomePod until 'early 2018'
- Indian stocks surge on Moody's first upgrade in 14 years