He continued, "And to think that just last week he was lecturing anyone who would listen about sexual harassment and respect for women".
Indeed, some pundits claim Franken has gamed McConnell to investigate him to open the door to a wider probe of sexual misconduct in Washington. Sounds like a Mel Brooks joke.
Former Playboy model and Hooter's hostess Leeann Tweeden explosively accused Franken of groping her and forcefully kissing her during the tour. She included a picture in which Franken appears to be trying to touch her breasts as she is sleeping.
Mr Franken has apologised and said he does not remember that second incident in the same way, but he now faces a Senate ethics investigation that could see him fined, stripped of committee posts or even expelled. Moore, running in a special election for U.S. Senate, is backed by Steve Bannon, Trump's former chief strategist.
Republican leaders in Congress have called on Moore to exit the race, and the Republican National Committee cut off fundraising ties to Moore's campaign this week.
What's the Fallout: Take Moore out of the equation.
Trump's relative silence on Moore is is in large part rooted in his own history of facing sexual misconduct allegations, a Republican close to the White House told CNN earlier this week. One woman said she was 14 years old when Moore initiated sexual contact with her.
Moore, now 70, has also denied any wrongdoing and said he will contest the December 12 poll.
Yet Trump also seemed to be relying on pure gut when he started tweeting about Franken, just after 10 p.m. Thursday, less than 48 hours after returning from an exhausting five-country trip through Asia.
If Trump is too "busy" to comment on Moore, but has time to take shots at Franken, I'll look forward to the White House's explanation.
"I'm sorry", said the senator, who skipped a series of votes Thursday.
"I think the president has certainly a lot more insight into what he personally did or didn't do, and he spoke out about that directly during the campaign", she said.
Kim Kardashian West confirms sex of baby
This wasn't the first time that Kardashian has refused to answer a question concerning her sisters' pregnancies. It's not like the Kardashian/Jenner family hasn't confirmed or denied rumors in the past.
- Australian diplomat falls to his death in New York City
- Harry Potter fans freaking out about 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel title
- Giant 3-Carrier Strike Force Completes Exercises in Western Pacific
- Mistrial in New Jersey Senator Robert Menendez's Corruption Trial
- Thanksgiving 2017 travel to be busiest in 12 years, AAA says
- Four die as United Kingdom light aircraft and helicopter collide mid-air
- Apple delays launch of HomePod until 'early 2018'
- Chris Coleman resigns as Wales boss ahead of expected Sunderland move
- Lebanon's Hariri to fly to France in coming days, Elysee Palace says
- United States crude stockpiles rise alongside domestic output and imports, DoE says