"Will update soon with Secretary Zinke", Trump said in the tweet, referring to Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke.
Just hours before, Trump's spokesperson Sarah Sanders had defended the US Fish and Wildlife Service's move to end the 2014 ban initiated under Trump's predecessor Barack Obama. On Friday, the Republican chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee urged the administration to reverse the policy, calling it the "wrong move at the wrong time".
Earlier on Friday, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders defended Trump's original repeal of the ban, saying, "This review established that both Zambia and Zimbabwe had met new standards, strict global conservation standards that allowed Americans to resume hunting in those countries".
Despite the outcry and Trump's stated reversal, the global affairs page of the US Fish and Wildlife Service still - as of Saturday morning local time - says it will issue permits for importing big game animal parts.
The Obama Administration had banned imports of ivory tusks and other elephant parts.
In addition to noting the continuing population decline among elephants, Royce cited widespread corruption at the highest levels of government in Zimbabwe and the current political turmoil in the country following an apparent military coup earlier in the week. The animals are listed in the Endangered Species Act, which requires the U.S. government to protect endangered species in other countries. The population in Zimbabwe was found to have declined 6 percent overall, but some regions in the country reported populations were down as much as 74 percent. Hunters groups argue that hunting for sport can bring in tourism revenue that can aid conservation programs. The website says the photos were from a 2011 hunt in Zimbabwe.
However, critics say it will harm the dwindling elephant population.
Kim Kardashian West confirms sex of baby
This wasn't the first time that Kardashian has refused to answer a question concerning her sisters' pregnancies. It's not like the Kardashian/Jenner family hasn't confirmed or denied rumors in the past.
- Manushi Chhillar from Haryana, India won the title after 17 years
- Giant 3-Carrier Strike Force Completes Exercises in Western Pacific
- Harry Potter fans freaking out about 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel title
- Roger Federer feels Alexander Zverev is the 'full package'
- Obama climate envoy slams Trump's rejection of climate change
- Get this dog and live longer, says new study
- Leonardo Da Vinci's "Salvator Mundi" Masterpiece Sells for World Auction Record $450312500
- Four die as United Kingdom light aircraft and helicopter collide mid-air
- Tesla reveals its first electric truck
- Al Franken Called Accuser 'Beautiful' on House Floor in 2010