South Carolina's average gas price is $2.28 a gallon, which is a 44 cent increase from 2016.This is the highest average for Thanksgiving travel in SC since 2014, when the average was $2.56. About 79,200, or seven percent, will fly to their destinations, and about 22,500 will take buses, trains, cruises or other modes of travel, the auto club said. The Thanksgiving holiday travel period is considered to be Wednesday through Sunday.
More than 1.4 million people will be traveling for the long holiday weekend - the most since 2007, according to AAA.
AAA credited the increased travel to a strong economy and labor market, in addition to rising incomes.
AAA said that most Maryland and DE travelers are expected to drive to their destinations.
If you'll be hitting the road this Thanksgiving you'll have plenty of company, with an estimated 2.6 million Floridians expected to travel 50 miles or more. AAA is forecasting a 4.5% jump among Floridians as compared to past year, with 190,72 Sunshine State residents expected to take a flight. This Thanksgiving, pump prices are likely to be the highest since 2014.
Why same-sex marriage could be bad for LGBT people in Australia
Parliamentary opponents of same-sex marriage such as Matt Canavan and Cory Bernardi are standing firm. They didn't vote to license more discrimination and that is what the Paterson bill does'.
Past year over the Thanksgiving holiday, AAA Carolinas rescued about 8,400 motorists, mainly because of dead batteries, flat tires and lockouts. The average for a gallon of regular in OR is $2.86.
"Idaho has experienced a seasonal price drop, but it's been slower than in recent years", Conde said. The average price increased by 14 percent to $176/night. On the other hand, the average rate for AAA Two Diamond Rated hotels decreased 5 percent with an average nightly cost of $117.
Thanksgiving travel has steadily rebounded from the post-recession low in 2008, AAA said. AAA recommends motorists have their vehicles inspected by a trusted fix shop, such as one of the more than 7,000 AAA Approved Auto fix facilities across North America. The auto club credits a growing economy and low unemployment for putting people in the traveling mood. Learn more at AAA.com/mobile.
"This year we could see record-level travel delays", INRIX transportation analyst Bob Pishue said.
AAA's projections are based on economic forecasting and research by IHS Markit. The complete AAA/IHS Markit 2017 Thanksgiving holiday travel forecast is available here.
- Mistrial in New Jersey Senator Robert Menendez's Corruption Trial
- Rubio criticizes Trump's mid-speech water-sipping form
- United States crude stockpiles rise alongside domestic output and imports, DoE says
- Keystone Pipeline Leaks 210000 Gallons of Oil in South Dakota
- Russia Used Video Game Screenshots to "Prove" the US Is Assisting ISIS
- MILLION DOLLAR MARRIAGE: Serena Williams Tying The Knot Thursday In New Orleans!
- Kelowna church expects thousands of Operation Christmas Child donations
- Giant 3-Carrier Strike Force Completes Exercises in Western Pacific
- Leonardo Da Vinci's "Salvator Mundi" Masterpiece Sells for World Auction Record $450312500
- Tyrod Taylor shocked Buffalo Bills benched him