The HomePod speaker was announced in June, with an initial launch date set for December.
The delay announced Friday means Apple's HomePod speaker won't be available in the U.S., United Kingdom and Australia until early next year. Apple has indefinitely delayed the release of HomePod until 2018. Amazon created Alexa for the Echo, and the virtual assistant has gone on to be the big breakout tech star of 2017. Competitors in the smart speaker space, meanwhile, are flooding the zone. Where Apple does fall short is providing a smart experience with Siri.
Apple is putting the brakes on the arrival this year of HomePod, its much-ballyhooed rival to Amazon's Echo smart speaker.
Israel fears Syria buffer will put Iran close to frontier
It wasn't immediately known whether the offer was accepted. "And all of you can be proud of Israel's morals, and Israel's might". Our quarrel is only with the tyrannical regime that holds them hostage and threatens our destruction.
But Apple is late to a marketplace dominated by Amazon and Google, with a handful of other players entering the race. It's also possible-and I think more likely-Apple is having a tough time overcoming design issues.
For instance, consumers will be able to request songs and playlists from Apple Music, but third-party support for voice commands is limited to a small number of app categories that could leave Spotify and others in the cold. HomePod will be a while before we see it on sale and available to the public. You better come up with another gift, because HomePod won't be released in time.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
- Get this dog and live longer, says new study
- Obama climate envoy slams Trump's rejection of climate change
- Kelowna church expects thousands of Operation Christmas Child donations
- Thanksgiving 2017 travel to be busiest in 12 years, AAA says
- Al Franken Called Accuser 'Beautiful' on House Floor in 2010
- Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF) Jumps in Trading Today - Up $3.37
- Four die as United Kingdom light aircraft and helicopter collide mid-air
- Giant 3-Carrier Strike Force Completes Exercises in Western Pacific
- Korea postpones major exams after rare quake
- NASCAR Rumors: Danica Patrick Mulling Indy 500, Daytona 500 Runs In 2018