Tunisia booked their place in next year's World Cup finals after securing a point from a goalless draw at home to neighbours Libya on Saturday.
The Atlas Lions went into the match in Abidjan just needing a draw to consolidate their place as pacesetters in the final group match, but they went one better in what was an assured display.
Nigeria, Senegal and Egypt had previously sealed their spots in Russian Federation next year.
Nabil Dirar scored during the the first half time, Mehdi Benatia did the same minutes later.
The qualification of Morocco and Tunisia signaled an apparent shift in African soccer, giving North Africa three teams at the World Cup and more than any other region for the first time since 1986.
OJ Simpson Booted from Vegas Bar for Drunk and Disorderly
According to Simpson's attorney, Malcolm LaVergne , Simpson said all allegations of an altercation at The Cosmopolitan are false. Security guards were summoned as escorted Simpson, who is still on parole, out of the hotel bar.
Dirar opened the scoring off a cross-turned-shot on 25 minutes and Benatia doubled the lead after a corner on the half-hour.
Ivory Coast, who never looked like recovering from the first-half blows, came second with eight points followed by Gabon with six and Mali with four.
Tunisia survived some nervous moments in Rades as Libya finished strongly.
Morocco and Tunisia now join Nigeria, Senegal and Egypt as Africa's representatives at next year's FIFA World Cup in Russian Federation.
Tunisia's point ensures their fifth World Cup participation - and their first since 2006 - but ensures that the Democratic Republic of Congo's wait to return to the global showpiece for the first time since 1974 will continue.
DR Congo, meanwhile, had needed Libya to pull off a shock win to give them hope of making it to Russian Federation, but were left disappointed despite a 3-1 win over Guinea in Kinshasa, scoring twice in stoppage time.
- Humans to vet Facebook revenge porn photos
- Former Facebook Executive Says Social Media Exploits Human 'Vulnerability'
- Three Chinese students injured in French vehicle attack
- JEFFERIES: Nvidia has 'tectonic upside' (NVDA)
- Woman pleads guilty to incest after marrying her own MUM
- Louis CK Exposed - FIVE Women Come Forward With Accusations Of Sexual Misconduct!
- Martellus Bennett claimed off waivers by New England Patriots
- Duterte Killed as Teen: Philippine President Claims Stabbing
- Twitter, Facing Another Uproar, Pauses Its Verification Process
- Disney's standalone streaming service: What's the story so far?