Blatter, the ousted head of the global soccer governing body, is the latest prominent man to be accused of sexual misconduct after US women's soccer goalkeeper Hope Solo accused him of assaulting her at FIFA's Ballon d'Or awards ceremony in 2013.
Solo added that she had seen sexual harassment in sports 'throughout my entire career'. The interview was published on Friday. She says that the incident occurred at the 2012 FIFA Ballon d'Or ceremony, when she was part of the presentation of the Women's World Player of the Year award to her teammate, Abby Wambach.
Read the full story at USA Today. She was presenting with the former head of the soccer organization, Sepp Blatter, who she said grabbed her. Female players are pretty, if you excuse me for saying so, and they already have some different rules to men - such as playing with a lighter ball.
"I had some bad experiences with players who are still on the team".
"I usually speak directly with the person".
Eye-Catching Stock: Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc (LL)
Its minimum price target estimates has been figured out at $18 while the maximum price target forecast is established at $43. The company reported the earnings of $-0.09/Share in the last quarter where the estimated EPS by analysts was $-0.05/share.
'And I wish more female athletes would speak out about their own experiences, ' she said. She had to pull herself together quickly to give the award to Wambach. "It can happen all across the board, it can happen between women, it can happen anywhere", she said.
A spokesman for Blatter told both Expresso and United Kingdom newspaper The Guardian that the accusations made by Solo were "ridiculous".
'I always felt I'd "handled it" and stood up for myself in those situations, but there were never any consequences for the perpetrators.
It is not the first time Blatter, who won five elections as Federation Internationale de Football Association president between 1998 and 2015 before being banned for ethic breaches, has faced criticism for his treatment of women. He suggested in 2004 that female players could wear "tighter shorts" like "they do in volleyball." and in 2013, he called a female candidate for FIFA's executive committee "good, and good looking".
- Humans to vet Facebook revenge porn photos
- GOP Senate campaign arm abandons Roy Moore following sexual allegations
- Apple is reportedly making an AR headset to compete with HoloLens
- You can now purchase Hidden Valley ranch dressing by the keg
- Facebook suggests users upload nudes to avoid revenge porn
- Louis CK Exposed - FIVE Women Come Forward With Accusations Of Sexual Misconduct!
- Xbox One X Is for Gaming Connoisseurs, Says Xbox Head
- Martellus Bennett claimed off waivers by New England Patriots
- Eurozone growth at fastest pace in 10 years
- Apple expected to be launching a redesigned iPad as early as 2018