Production problems and supply constraints with its OLED panels mean they'll be limited to the iPhone through 2018.
Lack of a home button will also make way for an edge-to-edge screen with significantly reduced bezels on the 2018 iPad.
The iPad has been Apple's second-largest product line, but demand has fallen and the sales in the global market declined by 17 percent in the past three years. These new iPad models are rumoured to arrive next year.
Tesla posts record $671 million loss in Q3
The company burned through $1.4 billion in cash during the quarter as it continued to invest heavily in manufacturing operations. Some analysts say the delayed target intensifies concerns around future Model 3 targets, and other dangers to Tesla's future.
According to a report published by Bloomberg, Apple is now working on a new high-end iPad that will integrate the iPhone X's Face ID facial recognition technology as well as a high screen-to-body ratio. That apart the new iPad will come powered by the latest generation processor and the Apple graphics processing unit. Worse, revenue fell behind sales from its services and Mac computers.
Apple still sees the iPad as its future for mainstream computing and has upgraded the device's capabilities in successive years to appeal to business and professional users.
Speaking of Apple Pencil, Bloomberg says a new version of Apple's digital stylus is in the works which would mark the first change to that hardware since it was introduced alongside the original iPad Pro. It will also feature a 10.5-inch screen, similar to the iPad Pro, but this is unlikely to use OLED technology like the iPhone X's screen, according to the report. Face ID on iPad models is said to bring in the same features it has in the iPhone X. One of the new features that we will be seeing is the Face ID feature as well as the slim bezel design that the newer iPhones have been sporting.
We can also expect to see the new Animoji being offered as well.
- The Milwaukee Bucks Just Added Eric Bledsoe
- Apple is reportedly making an AR headset to compete with HoloLens
- Japan's 'black widow' sentenced to death
- Sheep trained to recognize Jake Gyllenhaal, for science
- Broadcom proposes $130 billion deal to buy Qualcomm
- In Dropping David Luiz, Antonio Conte Sends Strong Message to Chelsea Roster
- USA and Turkey resume processing some visas after spat
- Facebook suggests users upload nudes to avoid revenge porn
- Who are the rich and famous in the Paradise Papers?
- Gird Your Loins: Twitter Is Giving Everyone 280 Characters